Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
According to @bioreconstruct those new concrete supports are actually concrete saws, so they appear to be lowering the supports not raising them

It looks like one of these.
GiantCoreBit.JPG

Funny that I thought the saws were actual concrete and yet even then I wondered why there were divots at the bottom...

What they might be doing is hollowing out the supports to repour concrete and reset new bolts.

Really dumb question here since I have no clue when it comes to structural things. How does one cut concrete and still retain all of its structural integrity? I would think that seam would always remain and always be a point of failure.

Thanks Teebin, everywhere has different rules.
So here's the link to the pics and I'll delete the above

Let me clarify. You can post their media, but just include a link back to where you got the media from. That is what I intended.

Or just post the twitter of the account and it will still show up as pictures as well as a link. Either is fine.

I just did a sign that had the bolts at a 32" embedding. There was a lot of cross wind factored into this sign, but I think this probably would have a similar depth on the bolts.

Those seem to be modular barges for a crane. Similar ones we seen being used at Disney during construction of new boat slips.

I doubt it. Porta-Dam worked quite well for them on Diagon. On the other hand... Geeez, this project is frustrating the hell out of me. Everything is new and mysterious here. Perhaps I have become spoiled!

Now you know how we feel about everything else. :tongue:

Thanks 32" seems like overkill, especially as I'd imagine they'd also be tied into the rebar frame inside the reinforced concrete. Better safe than sorry

Ours weren't tied to the cage. We had to add 6"x6" plates to the bottom of each bolt. I was surprised by that as I always thought you'd want them tied to the cage.

How they are handling these footers in interesting to me. Once they core the upright part of the footer, its not going to leave much concrete. I can't imaging them re-usingthem. Is it possible that they need to replace the upright portion of the footer entirely and this is just the best way to do it so they can tie into the main part of the footer underground? Or are they actually coring them to chip the outer portion of the footer away and leaving the center part intact?

I'd guess that the new supports have a different bolt pattern and so they're coring out the centre so that they can re-pour with the new bolts in the correct pattern. By leaving the outer section intact they're tying the new core both to the lower footer and the outer core. Just a guess