Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't even remember if the signs did say "Summer 2016" I think they did but not positive.

There are conduits under the top layer of the concrete and that may be why they put down the mats. When they raise the track and maneuver to bolt them up with the manlifts they do a lot of turning and backing with the base unit.

Could be tracks I guess it would better than blasting it when done.

Reactions: Ryno27
I think maybe marketing and operations doesn't want everyone cancelling or delaying their vacations to a specific time. Perhaps the resorts are completely booked for spring but they want people to be thinking a bit later now. That said, I know nothing about progress of this attraction.
Your post made me curious so I did a cursory check of on site hotel occupancy. March & April appear near to full capacity even at this early date. There's not a lot of available rooms, choice is limited, and a few hotels are already completely booked during a couple of those weeks. What always amazes me is how soon the Cabana Bay suites disappear, Heck, that sure is a popular hotel & probably one of Universal's best moves ever. At this point in time May & June still have plenty of room choices. You know, three, four years ago I could book just about any room a couple of weeks out. And Cabana Bays 2000 rooms didn't even exist then. Well, things have certainly changed. If you wait too long your choices become somewhat limited....But, back to the Hulk. My opinion still stays the same. I would think they'll try to open it as soon as they can since the crowds are coming, and they can certainly use the capacity. I can't see them waiting until after summer to open it.

Your post made me curious so I did a cursory check of on site hotel occupancy. March & April appear near to full capacity even at this early date. There's not a lot of available rooms, choice is limited, and a few hotels are already completely booked during a couple of those weeks. What always amazes me is how soon the Cabana Bay suites disappear, Heck, that sure is a popular hotel & probably one of Universal's best moves ever. At this point in time May & June still have plenty of room choices. You know, three, four years ago I could book just about any room a couple of weeks out. And Cabana Bays 2000 rooms didn't even exist then. Well, things have certainly changed. If you wait too long your choices become somewhat limited....

There's a reason Universal wants 10-15k hotel rooms. So far "if you build it, they will come" has rang true.

There's a reason Universal wants 10-15k hotel rooms. So far "if you build it, they will come" has rang true.

Until it gets to the point WDW is with the onsite filling the park to capacity so the FlaAP can't just go up for the day. Better for the park operator but leaves the locals with a tough choice. If they had another park for some of that capacity (in the case of UOR) or built enough capacity to absorb all those onsite guests (WDW)......... I know I am stating the obvious but that type of crowding is in UOR's future

Until it gets to the point WDW is with the onsite filling the park to capacity so the FlaAP can't just go up for the day. Better for the park operator but leaves the locals with a tough choice. If they had another park for some of that capacity (in the case of UOR) or built enough capacity to absorb all those onsite guests (WDW)......... I know I am stating the obvious but that type of crowding is in UOR's future

It is what it is. Uni's done well so far to make sure their parks have sufficient capacity, but they're also not going to stop tourists from coming. There's more $$$ in tourists than there are APs, and that's just a fact APs and locals have to deal with

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'm guessing they're taking a different stance than Disney. Comcast has "always been a very aggressive" company. It looks like they're making good on their park expansion promises. So that alone will increase capacity. Plus, indications are strong the third park is coming. I think everything will be fine on capacity. As we've all pointed out before, Universal's only real weakness is the lack of a Disney night show. If they did that they could spread the crowds around even more by keeping later park hours, thus increasing capacity in that regard. Universal is really AP friendly, with lots of special AP stuff. My guess is that they will continue to return the loyalty to APH, partly because the APH probably saved the park during its dark days under the previous two ownership groups,. And, even more important, it makes good business sense. Local APH is usually largely recession proof and provides a comfort zone during national economic downturns. Comcast didn't become so big so fast without having really smart business sense. They've never been a company to rest on their laurels. They only know one speed, fast forward. This from a person living in Pa., that has followed them since they were only one of a ton of state cable companies.

I'm guessing they're taking a different stance than Disney. Comcast has "always been a very aggressive" company. It looks like they're making good on their park expansion promises. So that alone will increase capacity. Plus, indications are strong the third park is coming. I think everything will be fine on capacity. As we've all pointed out before, Universal's only real weakness is the lack of a Disney night show. If they did that they could spread the crowds around even more by keeping later park hours, thus increasing capacity in that regard. Universal is really AP friendly, with lots of special AP stuff. My guess is that they will continue to return the loyalty to APH, partly because the APH probably saved the park during its dark days under the previous two ownership groups,. And, even more important, it makes good business sense. Local APH is usually largely recession proof and provides a comfort zone during national economic downturns. Comcast didn't become so big so fast without having really smart business sense. They've never been a company to rest on their laurels. They only know one speed, fast forward. This from a person living in Pa., that has followed them since they were only one of a ton of state cable companies.

I agree a lot with this. Also, some of the people that are now staying on site used to still visit Universal they just used to stay elsewhere, now the money is all going to Universal. It is smart of them and I really see no reason why they shouldn't keep building until the demand is less than supply. I also think that is why they wanted land for a 3rd park and I agree that they have a lot of unused capacity sitting there by shutting their parks down earlier and not doing quality night time shows.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I agree a lot with this. Also, some of the people that are now staying on site used to still visit Universal they just used to stay elsewhere, now the money is all going to Universal. It is smart of them and I really see no reason why they shouldn't keep building until the demand is less than supply. I also think that is why they wanted land for a 3rd park and I agree that they have a lot of unused capacity sitting there by shutting their parks down earlier and not doing quality night time shows.
Yes , plus you make a good point that many of those guests had visited Universal in the past but had stayed offsite. And I can't say enough good things about Cabana Bay. It was such a great move since it serves a huge segment of the tourists that didn't want to spend deluxe hotel rates. And, with very inexpensive suites in what is for all intents and purposes equal to or better than a Disney moderate, provides excellent value for families that like the opportunity of staying on site in a really nice hotel that has two fantastic pools and a fun lazy river.

Yes , plus you make a good point that many of those guests had visited Universal in the past but had stayed offsite. And I can't say enough good things about Cabana Bay. It was such a great move since it serves a huge segment of the tourists that didn't want to spend deluxe hotel rates. And, with very inexpensive suites in what is for all intents and purposes equal to or better than a Disney moderate, provides excellent value for families that like the opportunity of staying on site in a really nice hotel that has two fantastic pools and a fun lazy river.
Even during the slow season Cabana Bay is seeing $27k - $35k a night soooo I'd agree. Comcast/Universal has this thing right. They do as well as Orlando, need more hotel rooms. It's crazy. Orlando has the second largest hotel room count and still has a shortage haha. More to come , more to come.

Even during the slow season Cabana Bay is seeing $27k - $35k a night soooo I'd agree. Comcast/Universal has this thing right. They do as well as Orlando, need more hotel rooms. It's crazy. Orlando has the second largest hotel room count and still has a shortage haha. More to come , more to come.

Universal needs more hotels. When Disney really started to realize how much money they could make if they created value based hotels they took away from the 192 hotels. If you drive down that road you will see some abandoned hotels, some in really bad shape, and some that were tore down all together for other stuff. This then in turn hurt the shopping, entertainment, and restaurants along that road and you see that too with shut down stuff. As Universal creates hotels they will pull from other markets. I-Drive and Disney mostly. Now I don't think it will be as bad as when Disney did this, because I think more business is coming to the convention center and tourist numbers in general are up since HP was created. So you won't see the aftermath like you saw on 192, but some hotels will lose business, some already have.

Universal needs more hotels. When Disney really started to realize how much money they could make if they created value based hotels they took away from the 192 hotels. If you drive down that road you will see some abandoned hotels, some in really bad shape, and some that were tore down all together for other stuff. This then in turn hurt the shopping, entertainment, and restaurants along that road and you see that too with shut down stuff. As Universal creates hotels they will pull from other markets. I-Drive and Disney mostly. Now I don't think it will be as bad as when Disney did this, because I think more business is coming to the convention center and tourist numbers in general are up since HP was created. So you won't see the aftermath like you saw on 192, but some hotels will lose business, some already have.

This is the first time in 20 years I will be staying on site, a lot of it has to do with this forum but I get the impression that once I go, I won't want to stay any where else. I think I Drive has enough going on and Orlando as a whole is a lot busier than it was when Disney started building their value hotels that it won't suffer the same fate as 192 did.

Wow so many valid points on here today. Cabana Bay was a very smooth addition to the on site hotels. This year to will be my first on site stay(Cabana bay). I could not believe the prices of some of those hotels before cab Bay! I always wondered how the hotels were even successful and how they could possibly keep adding more with rates of around $200 a night at most of them yikes, when you have 4kids.

Wow so many valid points on here today. Cabana Bay was a very smooth addition to the on site hotels. This year to will be my first on site stay(Cabana bay). I could not believe the prices of some of those hotels before cab Bay! I always wondered how the hotels were even successful and how they could possibly keep adding more with rates of around $300-400 a night at most of them yikes, when you have 4kids. But I guess people really enjoy on site stay a lot, and the perks of it.

Last edited: