Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Six flags just announced a whole lineup of virtual reality headsets being added to coasters around their chain. I know something like that doesnt seem to go with universals level of immersion but a VR hulk experience would be cool

Reactions: Scott W.
Six flags just announced a whole lineup of virtual reality headsets being added to coasters around their chain. I know something like that doesnt seem to go with universals level of immersion but a VR hulk experience would be cool

I was just about to post this.

Samsung and Six Flags team up for virtual reality roller coasters

I know it's been mentioned before but I wonder how possible this could be for the Hulk. I always thought this would be a step too far given how many inversions it has and that people would be sick but if it can go on SUPERMAN: Krypton Coaster, then I don't see any reason why not.

l7derXU.jpg

Last edited:
They're running a survey on this Six Flags Virtual Reality Coaster on Theme Park Insider. At this point in time 60% have voted that it's a terrible idea.

I think it's a ride capacity nightmare but I'd love to see what they can come up with. I think it would be a bit of a contradiction of Universal to use VR as well if they're making guests walk through a metal detector to avoid any loose articles.

I honestly don't want Universal to do VR coasters. For something like Six Flags, which is mostly coasters, I think it's a neat experiment/variation. But at a park like Universal which has a variety of rides including coasters, simulators, dark rides, etc... I think it's best to let the "big open steel coasters" be "big open steel coasters."There's no need to include VR on their coasters, especially with so many screen rides at Uni already.

I had the chance to goof off with some VR tech at IAAPA and tbh I don't see it going past regional parks as an up charge addition. Disney and Universal have full blown virtual sets with intricate ride systems. They don't need these for anything major going forward

I was just about to post this.

Samsung and Six Flags team up for virtual reality roller coasters

I know it's been mentioned before but I wonder how possible this could be for the Hulk. I always thought this would be a step too far given how many inversions it has and that people would be sick but if it can go on SUPERMAN: Krypton Coaster, then I don't see any reason why not.

l7derXU.jpg
I just noticed the Samsung Gear VR advertisement on the Hulk walls. Does this mean it will be an option on the new Hulk and if not, what is it there for.

Universal and Disney don't need to have VR goggles when they can literally build coasters indoors and create their own VR attractions...those headsets are a gimmick in my opinion

Reactions: martymcflyy85
They're running a survey on this Six Flags Virtual Reality Coaster on Theme Park Insider. At this point in time 60% have voted that it's a terrible idea.

I think it's stupid, at least at our local Six Flags. They are adding it to a coaster that is typically a walk on, due to the fact that it's a real head banger and has been there since 1989. I am pretty sure they are just trying to get people to ride that idiotic coaster instead of tearing it down and building something better. I am sure I will do it once just to see what it's all about, but I doubt it will make me want to bash my head much more than that.

Its stupid....I'd prefer to ride an actual attraction, appreciate the scenery and the landscapes, versus experience it in a computer screen mounted to my head. They are trying to make something out of something that shouldnt be used in this context. I mean I'd assume they'd allow people to refuse to use it, but still.....I don't get it.

Its stupid....I'd prefer to ride an actual attraction, appreciate the scenery and the landscapes, versus experience it in a computer screen mounted to my head. They are trying to make something out of something that shouldnt be used in this context. I mean I'd assume they'd allow people to refuse to use it, but still.....I don't get it.
I agree. Using new technology for the sake of it and because it's the in thing is not good. It's the sort of thing that is a gimmick for 10 mins.

Like having a 3D TV at home, unless you use it everyday it's not worth it

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I agree. Using new technology for the sake of it and because it's the in thing is not good. It's the sort of thing that is a gimmick for 10 mins.

I used to say the same thing but then I demoed the system during IAAPA. I was genius, one of the best coaster experiences I've ever had. Now if only they can fix the capacity issue...

Reactions: Jon84
I had the chance to goof off with some VR tech at IAAPA and tbh I don't see it going past regional parks as an up charge addition. Disney and Universal have full blown virtual sets with intricate ride systems. They don't need these for anything major going forward
Did you do the Freedom Flyer with VR at Fun Spot during IAAPA? It blew everything else on the show floor out of the water, first VR I've seen that really works.

I think this is part of the charm of the VR system for a coaster, if it turns out to be terrible, it's easily removed like it never happened. Or you can modify the video, when it comes to HHN, I'm sure they could do something great with it, even as just a test.