Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Being a coaster-chicken, I'll never ride the thing...but I will say it does make a nice backdrop to Halloween Horror Nights. So it's a successful backdrop at night at least. ;P

I float back in forth. The ride is fun, but when I get off the ride winded from the way the lap bar was riding me it's not fun. Coupled with everything else.

I always like it, it has some good airtime and I find that non-inverting loop quite a cool sensation.
Does anyone know if all the trains have been refurbished now?

I don't like any giant roller coasters. Not because they aren't fun or I'm scared of them but I honestly think they add nothing but trouble to a park. They look obnoxious(try to name one that looks great in any park) they are never interesting theming wise (no real reason to reride for Easter eggs or things you missed) and how much money they cost to run in a day is ridiculous. They are louder than hell aswell so Call me a prude but that's how I feel, rockit is no exception

I don't like any giant roller coasters. Not because they aren't fun or I'm scared of them but I honestly think they add nothing but trouble to a park. They look obnoxious(try to name one that looks great in any park) they are never interesting theming wise (no real reason to reride for Easter eggs or things you missed) and how much money they cost to run in a day is ridiculous. They are louder than hell aswell so Call me a prude but that's how I feel, rockit is no exception

......But that's the point of a coaster :blank:

I've personally never seen any negative side of having it there. It's got a footprint nothing else could fit in, took up unused space, made (in my opinion) a better "skyline" for the park, is a truly innovative and unique ride, let alone being a pretty decent-sized coaster by Orlando standards, is a great divider between the park and the soundstages... The list goes on.

I've personally never seen any negative side of having it there. It's got a footprint nothing else could fit in, took up unused space, made (in my opinion) a better "skyline" for the park, is a truly innovative and unique ride, let alone being a pretty decent-sized coaster by Orlando standards, is a great divider between the park and the soundstages... The list goes on.

I agree with some of those points, and it also upped the ride count, which should mean more capacity (if it was working properly at least most of the time), but I gotta disagree on the skyline aspect. It's alright in the music plaza area, but I don't think it does the New York skyline any favors. I'm actually hoping that someday they'll tackle the whole "first sight" of the park, which would include the area right past the turnstiles and the NY library backdrop area (which is flat and outdated by their current theming standards), and hopefully they'll hide / enclose the NY section of the coaster in the process. I mean, they could even add a cool indoor element that way, too... :shrug: But anyways, yeah, I don't like seeing it in New York, myself.

Reactions: natespf
Coasters not looking good? Personally I find coasters to be very sexy :)
Look at IOA's Hulk, the aesthetics are incredible, same for rip, ride rockit ...

I see both points.

I kind of prefer dark rides that use animatronics, Or rides like Spiderman over roller coasters. They are more interesting and they are nicer to see again and again. Roller coasters don't offer much besides the rush you get, They take too much space and visually they don't really offer much

But that's the thing, Roller coasters give you an experience that you will never have anywhere else. The thing about them is that technically they are unique, it is an unique experience to ride a coaster, nothing else comes close. You are "flying" through the air doing all this flips and going really really fast. No amount of dark rides will ever compare to the feeling you get riding a coaster.

Also, after a while the other rides get tiresome and boring. I cannot stand the Simpsons, I despise that ride. Men In black makes me sick at the end with the spinning now , sometimes I go to MIB because im bored in the park but I always regret it. After a few times transformers also got kind of boring.

But with Coasters, I could ride them 600 times and they will never get boring because that feeling you get when riding them never gets boring of annoying. They remain awesome no matter how many times you them. That rush is something that always feels great.

So yeah, Coasters might take too much space and they might be ugly, But they are great rides.

Coasters are awesome when they combine with dark rides like mummy and Everest. That way they don't stick out like sore thumbs and they look good inside and out. It's funny because I understand why they are fun because they are but I haven't ridden dueling dragons in years and I don't miss it at all. Not something like Spider-man where I can look at atmosphere and admire the designers work with tons of Easter eggs. It's comparing apples and oranges here but I prefer apples

While Rockit is a novelty coaster, it really is an eyesore and just doesn't fit with the rest of Universal Studios' 'feel.' It's just so out of place. Yes, I know they crammed another big ride in a place where practically nothing else could fit, but it just doesn't seem right.

Coasters not looking good? Personally I find coasters to be very sexy :)
Look at IOA's Hulk, the aesthetics are incredible, same for rip, ride rockit ...

I agree. I thnik Rockit's a looker.

BB_RR_vert1_tcm13-5832.jpg

Honestly, USF needed a ride like this despite it's difficulties. I personally have enjoyed the ride my past few go arounds…Its painful but so is Hulk…so is DC…Im just getting old :lol: