Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
^The white contact zones are done on certain rides to reduce friction. It's a slicker surface than running directly on the paint. It's done for rides that have a greater chance of valleying and/or to help wear and tear on wheels. Rockit needs it for both. Utilizing the white contact zones was probably one of the only things they got right when building this ride.

^The white contact zones are done on certain rides to reduce friction. It's a slicker surface than running directly on the paint. It's done for rides that have a greater chance of valleying and/or to help wear and tear on wheels. Rockit needs it for both. Utilizing the white contact zones was probably one of the only things they got right when building this ride.

...so color the white contact zones red and nobody has a problem here?

^Doesn't work that way. The white is a different material than paint. It reduces friction. Intamin uses it too. I have never seen it any other color other than white.

Can this be reapplied over night or would it require downtime?

I imagine it would have to cure for a period after being applied. No idea as to how long though. I've never seen it that worn down on a ride before though. I have a feeling it wears faster when they use the hard wheels versus the softer ones.

I don't really see it as a failure. I mean it's not the most EPIC thing in the world, but come on. Any coaster where I can listen to "Float On" while actually riding the damn thing is just... it's just cool! I have been on some rough rides before, and while this one isn't the smoothest, it gets waaaay too much trash talk for what it is: a simply themed coaster.

I still hate that some people call this a failure. By no means is it even close to failure. Yes, it has some design issues, but the fact is that they spend more time running guests through that exit happy than evacing the ride or fixing issue.

It's a good coaster for what it's worth.

I still hate that some people call this a failure. By no means is it even close to failure. Yes, it has some design issues, but the fact is that they spend more time running guests through that exit happy than evacing the ride or fixing issue.

This. :cheers:

:thumbs:

a friend that went to UO for the first time last year, said it was his favorite ride in BOTH parks...so take that haters.

I thought it was a lot of fun when I went on it.

Well yesterday I was able to use one of the hidden songs for the first time..very cool...I also noticed a guy and his friend who were on vacation talking to a friend back home about the coaster and how awesome it was, then proceed to take pictures of it and send it to said friend. I do not consider Rockit a failure, could it have been more? Well considering Universal's financial situation at the time I don't really know. I like Rockit and ride it every time I visit, it's really the only Central Florida coaster that dares to give you airtime throughout..Plus it's the only ride that doesn't attempt to kill you (well in storyline I mean)

Last edited: