Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
If we are still questioning this topic near seven years later, its not exactly a smash hit attraction or investment.

I think any stock footage of Universal almost always has Rockit i
No. Theme park geeks are discussing it. The general public doesn't discuss this stuff. They love the thing, which is evident by the long lines. I believe it gets pretty good marks on surveys too.

Spot on. This is what the public thinks.

I said not a smash hit. Investment is not theme park geeks. Its money. The coaster cost twice as much as Revenge of The Mummy did. Its never been a smash hit.

While true the term I admit is vague, I would define smash hit in a theme park sense as something that gets a huge ROI through attendance and merch and is artistically praised. Another way of looking at if all three were achieved (and sometimes unfortunately) is if it was cloned.

• Rockit never added a lot to attendance
  • Its hiccups were costly
  • Its main music novelty became worn because the music was not updated(as fatality pointed out with just changing the music would bring in more appeal)
  • You don't see many T-shirts and Merch being sold and Youtube is not as full of the online video market like they thought when it was built(other attractions do this now and GoPros have killed that idea)
  • Critically, Enthusiasts of coasters call it Mediocre and families find it too intense.

This does not make the ride a bomb, but you asked my opinion on what I define a smash hit to be and it is probably in tune with what many theme park investor and enthusiasts see one as, but even if not,there it is.

Perhaps they will do like with Hulk and re-track? And by that I mean knock it down and build a B&M Hyper

At the very leaset new music. new trains and a new look would benefit this coaster

Reactions: Cheezbat
Since they redid the trains, the ride is much better. Before that, it was nothing but testicle-smashing, poorly-paced agony for me. I can actually enjoy it now.

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is one of the worst coasters I have been on. Rough with trims all over the place. It's only as popular as it is because its at universal. This turd of a ride would be a ghost town at a place like cedar point or any park with a decent collection.

It's a decent D-ticket ride which all parks need.

I don't think anyone is sitting at home planning a vacation to UO and putting Rockit in their top 5 attractions of must do's. Does that make it a flop in my opinion? No. Does it make it a success? Well that depends, it's a good people eater at a place in the park where it's needed (No need to begin the whole revamp of the entrance discussion here) but is it ticking every box that creative wanted it to tick when they commissioned the idea, I'm not entirely sure.

In regards to smoothness I find if I ride it first thing in the morning then it feels pretty smooth, however if I go later in the day after a day at the parks then you feel every little bump.

I've been going to universal the last 4-5 summers, and am leaving in 3 weeks for a 12 day trip with my son. We've only ever ridden Rockit our first trip to universal. It was so rough and painful, we never rode it again...And we can ride Hulk multiple times in a row, so we are roller coaster people. My question for those who've ridden both before and after they refurbished the cars, is there a noticeable difference in the roughness of the ride? I'm trying to decide whether or not we should give it another chance this trip. Thanks!

I've been going to universal the last 4-5 summers, and am leaving in 3 weeks for a 12 day trip with my son. We've only ever ridden Rockit our first trip to universal. It was so rough and painful, we never rode it again...And we can ride Hulk multiple times in a row, so we are roller coaster people. My question for those who've ridden both before and after they refurbished the cars, is there a noticeable difference in the roughness of the ride? I'm trying to decide whether or not we should give it another chance this trip. Thanks!

I rode it last year and didn't find it to be too rough at all. Had a friend also ride hulk and rocket and he wouldn't go on hulk again until it got fixed.