Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of the BlogMickey folks got to experience this:

It does sound like there are a couple of neat water effects.
sounds really nice — should be a good addition to the park.

Looks fun

Not sure how took this long but would not mind something like this at more parks...if they can build it in a year or less

Reactions: belloq87
If they’re just never gonna do the play pavilion this totally works. Solid addition.

To me, fits Epcot better than I thought. I also didn’t know what to expect, though.
If it could have been positioned as an explicit add-on to The Land, I don't think there'd be any question about its fit for Epcot.

I think it looks quite nice, and probably the sort of thing that Epcot could use (especially since it's unlikely a more substantial attraction would have ever gone on that specific plot of land).

I’m just curious cause I’ve heard serious rumors (doesn’t mean I’m right) about Moana at Animal Kingdom. They can do more than this obviously, but I do wonder where this takes them.

No doubt this will be popular.

I don’t want to sound like I’m defending the time it took, however this thing, while technically started in 2019, didn’t really start until late 2021 as it was the last thing to restart construction after the post-Covid spending freeze Disney did.

There was a period of time where it was heavily uncertain if this was going forward and it probably only did because they had already torn down Innoventions.

So considering this was essentially built mostly in 2021 and 2022 (this year it has mostly sat there finished most of the year), it would’ve been perfectly acceptable to have opened last year with the unfortunate spending freeze. Getting pushed practically to late 2023 though is unacceptable.

I don’t want to sound like I’m defending the time it took, however this thing, while technically started in 2019, didn’t really start until late 2021 as it was the last thing to restart construction after the post-Covid spending freeze Disney did.

There was a period of time where it was heavily uncertain if this was going forward and it probably only did because they had already torn down Innoventions.

So considering this was essentially built mostly in 2021 and 2022 (this year it has mostly sat there finished most of the year), it would’ve been perfectly acceptable to have opened last year with the unfortunate spending freeze. Getting pushed practically to 2024 though is unacceptable.
It’s like the Adventureland tree house as well

Just for how small these attractions are the timeline seems insane

I hope they can speed up the process for the next walkthrough attraction

Last edited:
Fits Epcot far more than I originally expected. It’s not for me but that’s fine, seems like a worthy addition to the park.

Reactions: Nick
Fits Epcot far more than I originally expected. It’s not for me but that’s fine, seems like a worthy addition to the park.
I was skeptical originally, but after we learned more about it over the years and that it would be essentially a Water Cycle walkthrough (which is VERY Epcot) with Moana as the IP just tacked on to sell it and it's also right next to The Land and Seas Pavilion so it should be fine for kids.

This also isn't a huge plot of land so unless they had used both the Moana plot and the Festival center plot (which they were never going to honestly do), nothing of any substance was going here much more than this. If they had used both plots though theoretically, they could've built a coaster right there around the size of SDMT. But like I said, that was never something that was going to happen.

I was skeptical originally, but after we learned more about it over the years and that it would be essentially a Water Cycle walkthrough (which is VERY Epcot) with Moana as the IP just tacked on to sell it and it's also right next to The Land and Seas Pavilion so it should be fine for kids.

This also isn't a huge plot of land so unless they had used both the Moana plot and the Festival center plot (which they were never going to honestly do), nothing of any substance was going here much more than this. If they had used both plots though theoretically, they could've built a coaster right there around the size of SDMT. But like I said, that was never something that was going to happen.
This attraction to me feels peak Epcot vibes lol. I suspect that it’ll be super popular. Nice little area with The Land and Seas and here. Easy to make this side of the park a part of peoples mornings or afternoons.