Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd say I'm thoroughly whelmed. It looks nice and I like the conservation message, but there is no need to run out and see this. Plus if any of those interactive features fail, that will greatly diminish the value of the experience.
If Disney could knock these out in a year, I think they are perfect "filler" attractions

Not something you need to see but nice for the park

A friend went to do the CM preview today and it closed for "technical difficulties"-- how the hell does a water fountain have technical difficulties?

"We regret to inform you that Te Feti has HAD it with your B.S. today, and she ain't giving you no water to play with. Go dunk your heads in the jumping fountains at Imagination."

(jk, jk)

In all seriousness, I'm guessing there's something crucial not working with the water system for it to go down.

• Haha
Reactions: GAcoaster
This would be perfect for either as part of the queue for a ride. If they're putting an actual attraction in AK I wonder if they'd incorporate some of the same? I would have liked to see was Te Fiti having more visual/water effects or at least it feels like there should be something there.

One thing caught my attention in the walk-through video and that's because I felt so seen. Not like, emotionally but literally.

starelamp.png
morestarelamps.png

I've seen the movie and for a moment I thought maybe it was a reference to a character? But the more I think this a design choice that turned out really funny and unexpected.

A friend went to do the CM preview today and it closed for "technical difficulties"-- how the hell does a water fountain have technical difficulties?

udowat.png

Water has seen what we do with it and does not want to be part of that journey.

In all seriousness, I'm guessing there's something crucial not working with the water system for it to go down.
I can't imagine something as simple as the fountains themselves not working, but towards the end it looks like interactive elements that you step/stomp on to activate? It looks like it can get splashed on a lot and if there's more elements like that where they are constantly getting wet, it might cause issue?

But to completely close the attraction seems strange? It is a walk-through so at the end of the day you're not missing that much if you can't play with water.

• Haha
Reactions: queenmetroid
This would be perfect for either as part of the queue for a ride. If they're putting an actual attraction in AK I wonder if they'd incorporate some of the same? I would have liked to see was Te Fiti having more visual/water effects or at least it feels like there should be something there.

One thing caught my attention in the walk-through video and that's because I felt so seen. Not like, emotionally but literally.

View attachment 19665
View attachment 19664

I've seen the movie and for a moment I thought maybe it was a reference to a character? But the more I think this a design choice that turned out really funny and unexpected.

View attachment 19666

Water has seen what we do with it and does not want to be part of that journey.

I can't imagine something as simple as the fountains themselves not working, but towards the end it looks like interactive elements that you step/stomp on to activate? It looks like it can get splashed on a lot and if there's more elements like that where they are constantly getting wet, it might cause issue?

But to completely close the attraction seems strange? It is a walk-through so at the end of the day you're not missing that much if you can't play with water.
Yea as much as like this attraction in “new” Epcot it feels like it belongs in AK with its aesthetics.

Reactions: Rhian
No registration required either.

I was talking to a TM who also works for Disney. Was saying that nobody was going to the Moana previews because what's the point? It's not like it's a ride. I suspect that AP previews will draw a significantly higher amount of people than the AP Previews because AP holders are insane and vloggers need content.

Reactions: saint.piss
Why are they still dragging this out? Just open it. The jokes write themselves.
It's so stupid. But my long suspicion has been they want to do an "official" opening of the entire center (probably minus CommuniCore Hall) along with new fireworks on October 1. It's a very Disney thing to do. Make a big deal out of something that no one cares about.

Reactions: SkiBum and Clive
It’s a water playground! Why is there any kind of queue!? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!
I surmised this may happen a few months back because there’s one way in one one end and one way out on the other.

Besides that, it’s enclosed from all four sides, so there has to be a cap on the number of people who can fit in there. And if many are standing around taking pictures instead of walking through as intended, it’s going to back everything up.

I surmised this may happen a few months back because there’s one way in one one end and one way out on the other.

Besides that, it’s enclosed from all four sides, so there has to be a cap on the number of people who can fit in there. And if many are standing around taking pictures instead of walking through as intended, it’s going to back everything up.
It’s just a bafflingly inept design choice.

Reactions: Skold and Nick