Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This attraction to me feels peak Epcot vibes lol. I suspect that it’ll be super popular. Nice little area with The Land and Seas and here. Easy to make this side of the park a part of peoples mornings or afternoons.
The concept is very EPCOT, but the aesthetic is 180° from '80s EPCOT, which was very stark with lots of concrete. I loved it in the '80s, but by the the mid-'90s it just felt cold and dated. So they added a bunch of brightly colored triangle tarps all over the place as a fix. By the millennium and "The Wand", the spine was an absolute thematic mess. It definitely needed an extreme makeover.

I think the location, being sort of in front of both The Land pavilion and The Seas pavilion, is also pretty much perfect. A very green place to get wet will be very popular for a good bit of the year here is steamy FL.

The concept is very EPCOT, but the aesthetic is 180° from '80s EPCOT, which was very stark with lots of concrete. I loved it in the '80s, but by the the mid-'90s it just felt cold and dated. So they added a bunch of brightly colored triangle tarps all over the place as a fix. By the millennium and "The Wand", the spine was an absolute thematic mess. It definitely needed an extreme makeover.

I think the location, being sort of in front of both The Land pavilion and The Seas pavilion, is also pretty much perfect. A very green place to get wet will be very popular for a good bit of the year here is steamy FL.
Yeah, the old hub or whatever you want to call this area of Epcot was so ugly before they closed everything for the redo. From bio:
FcVZgh_XoAASqxL

That's also not even mentioning how ugly the tombstones were...

large_Untitled_design__8_.png

I find it interesting they changed the name from Moana: The Journey of Water to Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana.

Guessing this is because they're about to announce the Moana stuff for AK and are hoping to avoid confusion (guests will be confused anyway). Retheme of the spinner and adding a play area is fast and cheap and they need SOMETHING to open by 2025...

I find it interesting they changed the name from Moana: The Journey of Water to Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana.

Guessing this is because they're about to announce the Moana stuff for AK and are hoping to avoid confusion (guests will be confused anyway). Retheme of the spinner and adding a play area is fast and cheap and they need SOMETHING to open by 2025...
There already is a play area in Dinoland... it would just be a retheme.

Yeah why would you advertise the CM Preview on the main Twitter account lol? An email to the CM's feel like it would work fine. :eyes:

I'll reserve judgement on the aesthetics until I go, but interactive elements at US Disney parks have a very, very poor maintenance track record and I suspect it won't be any different here, which is probably going to hamper the experience here within a year or two.

There are numerous examples of play features in queues and public areas that do not hold up in terms of durability and longevity. This is generally fine when they are not the main attraction, but when your land hinges on being a walkthrough with interactive elements, this area may age very quickly.

Gotta admit, kinda weird that they're posting about CM previews for this. Stop hyping it up and just open the damn thing lol.

Magic is talking about AP previews and DVC as well. It's a walkthrough, not a coaster or other major ride. I know that they want to drive demand but I cannot believe anyone (except for a minority) thinking, "Man, Disney just opened the Journey of Water walkthrough and not I need to schedule an emergency trip to see it." It's mindboggling. Either Disney truly believes that this is a major addition or they believe that they can push this and their guests will drink it in enthusiastically.

Magic is talking about AP previews and DVC as well. It's a walkthrough, not a coaster or other major ride. I know that they want to drive demand but I cannot believe anyone (except for a minority) thinking, "Man, Disney just opened the Journey of Water walkthrough and not I need to schedule an emergency trip to see it." It's mindboggling. Either Disney truly believes that this is a major addition or they believe that they can push this and their guests will drink it in enthusiastically.
I do think that this thing is going to have a capacity issue. Only so many people can probably be in there at a given time. Maybe I’m wrong, but I do think that’s a possibility.

I love the look of this attraction and how it connects back to the original Epcot concept. I think Disney needs to do more of these smaller attractions to fill out their lineup.

As far as Moana at AK I hope they don’t replace anything that already just add capacity already. If Bob Iger is so bullish on the parks like he saids he is the future projects would be very ambitious.

I do think that this thing is going to have a capacity issue. Only so many people can probably be in there at a given time. Maybe I’m wrong, but I do think that’s a possibility.

Pardon my ignorance but is there actually a queue for this and like a possible wait time? Or is it just a free for all?

Pardon my ignorance but is there actually a queue for this and like a possible wait time? Or is it just a free for all?
I’m assuming it’s a free for all, but I’m wondering if there’s a max capacity on the inside at all for say opening and busy days. It is an area that is enclosed on all four sides after all with only one entrance and one exit.