Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's what i've picked up so far...

-No dark ride
-Coaster MIGHT be going behind Thunder falls, thus the possibility for a larger, more appeasing ride.

Now, my own inferences...
-Even though the coaster is not taking over triceratops, I feel it will still be scrapped, but whether for retail or a much larger CJ is anyone's guess.
-JPRA refurb is still a go

All this is very interesting (though I mourn the death of the dark ride...)

Since the rumored dark ride is officially "scrapped", are there any more in-depth details that either "Hatetofly" or "Disneyhead" can share? At least Jurassic Park is still getting something.

-No dark ride
-Coaster MIGHT be going behind Thunder falls, thus the possibility for a larger, more appeasing ride.

-Even though the coaster is not taking over triceratops, I feel it will still be scrapped, but whether for retail or a much larger CJ is anyone's guess.

Hmm could we be seeing something behind Thunder Falls and something in Triceratops Encounter...perhaps the Raptor Encounter I've always wanted...or maybe a combo of Mt. Crumpit and SDMR?

-No dark ride

I can see them add a small ride where the Trikes are for the Camp Jurassic area.

Are we going to see more $ diverted into Camp Jurassic since the dark ride was scrapped?

As far as Thunder Fall plot, if they want a new ride, they will make room and move what is back there.

Are we going to see more $ diverted into Camp Jurassic since the dark ride was scrapped?

That is an interesting point. With the darkride scrapped, what about the CJ piece? The rumored CJ piece always seemed like an added bonus for something that really isn't broken today. With River Adventure, the Tikes pad, and the Discover Center all in need of serious TLC, I would be interested to see if they still feel the need to reinvest in CJ.

Not trying to press or pry, but it's a pretty large area for a playground already! Without details, any way you can give perspective over the value of expanding it?

I'm honestly expecting a QSR in Camp Jurassic and a flat. No sources, just spec.

I am sure anything can be justified, but a QSR?? Wow, JP already has three and a half of 'em. Next to a land that has three, and the other neighbor having currently the newest, popular QSR in Three Broomsticks.

I thought DH said that there would be micro themed food trucks/odv ala Simpsons

In the version of the plan that included the Dark Ride, there was mention of moving the Hot Dog Stand that is currently on the main walking path into the new area with several other "walk around" type food (Turkey Legs, Pretzels, Popcorn, Beer.) food stands.

I will say that pretty much everything I thought was the plan doesn't seem to be the current plan. Except for the expanded Camp Jurassic. At this point I am really interested in finding out some more info.

I am sure anything can be justified, but a QSR?? Wow, JP already has three and a half of 'em. Next to a land that has three, and the other neighbor having currently the newest, popular QSR in Three Broomsticks.

I thought DH said that there would be micro themed food trucks/odv ala Simpsons

I was thinking simply popcorn, hotdogs, drinks and maybe an exclusive snack. Point being, if they want people to spend an hour or so in Camp Jurassic, it makes it significantly easier with a QSR.

I was thinking simply popcorn, hotdogs, drinks and maybe an exclusive snack. Point being, if they want people to spend an hour or so in Camp Jurassic, it makes it significantly easier with a QSR.

Sure, I guess. I think Food + Kid's playground = op/custodial head ache. As DH referenced, you already have hot dogs to the left, and thunder falls to the immediate right.

In the version of the plan that included the Dark Ride, there was mention of moving the Hot Dog Stand that is currently on the main walking path into the new area with several other "walk around" type food (Turkey Legs, Pretzels, Popcorn, Beer.) food stands.

I will say that pretty much everything I thought was the plan doesn't seem to be the current plan. Except for the expanded Camp Jurassic. At this point I am really interested in finding out some more info.

I think at this point Universal is just messing with everyone leaking out fake info again.

ahh man so no amber mine or update on River Adventure???

I just wanted the dark-ride... Wahhhhh.

Oh well. I'll be greatful for any additions to this already fantastic island.

ahh man so no amber mine or update on River Adventure???
I believe that at least a major refurb to the River Adventure would be given when they do the expansion. And I don't think they are leaking false info as much as there are usually more than one plan on the table until the green light goes on for one of the plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.