Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying what if it didn't turn out to be an "eyesore" i'm not gonna turn down a giant wooden coaster. There isn't a lot of wooden coasters in Florida. Now i know that's for a reason but as much as i love THEME parks i'm not one to turn down GIANT COASTERS lol that's all i'm saying..i guess that's the coaster junkie in me though.

It must be the coaster junkie in you because the last thing the park needs is a giant El Toro named "El T-Rex" that helps to destroy the park's sight lines, invades on the theming of Jurassic Park (well more like, the whole park), gives another excuse for people to shoot down Islands of Adventure as a "thrill park" and would just look plain ugly. (sorry, I know woodies can be beautiful, but Islands of Adventure just isn't the right place for a huge one)

Now, incorporate it into some rock-work, tame it down A LOT, dazzle it up with some amazing theming and a potential storyline

It must be the coaster junkie in you because the last thing the park needs is a giant El Toro named "El T-Rex" that helps to destroy the park's sight lines, invades on the theming of Jurassic Park (well more like, the whole park), gives another excuse for people to shoot down Islands of Adventure as a "thrill park" and would just look plain ugly. (sorry, I know woodies can be beautiful, but Islands of Adventure just isn't the right place for a huge one)

Now, incorporate it into some rock-work, tame it down A LOT, dazzle it up with some amazing theming and a potential storyline
In no way am I supporting another coaster in the park, however, I would never turn down an opportunity to ride a roller coaster as amazing as El Toro. If a wooden roller coaster with that intensity and thrill were to be built, I would not complain one bit for the theme or lack there of.

If any park is to get a water ride its the studios post Potter.

I've been saying this for years! Central Florida gets very hot at times and I think every park should have at least one water ride. Jaws wasn't exactly what I'd consider a soaker, but it could occasionally get you wet.

It's a shame they scrapped the plans for the King Kong flume...but then again Potter 2.0 was going to happen no matter what.

A kiosk where you could borrow (or rent?) a child between 36" and 56" would be very useful. (joke)

I'd like the chance to ride Pteranodon Flyers at least once!

Jurassic does need something more. The Trike Encounter was nice to see when it was open. Hopefully they can incorporate the AAs into whatever is coming.

Pteranodon Flyers are actually pretty cool for what they are. But having kids, I totally understand the restrictions. By far the slowest loading and lowest capacity ride ever. I take the kids on it every time though because I know I only have a few more years before I will be on the outside looking in.

Pteranodon Flyers are actually pretty cool for what they are. But having kids, I totally understand the restrictions. By far the slowest loading and lowest capacity ride ever. I take the kids on it every time though because I know I only have a few more years before I will be on the outside looking in.

Yes, always seems to have long lines, even during the "slow" months. I hope your kids get a kick out of it. :) Any dinosaurs you can view from overhead during the ride, Shucker?

Does anyone know if the ride capacity issue was initially caused by budget and/or engineering restrictions?

Do you think this would ever be up for an upgrade or replacement with something else?

Yes, always seems to have long lines, even during the "slow" months. I hope your kids get a kick out of it. :) Any dinosaurs you can view from overhead during the ride, Shucker?

Does anyone know if the ride capacity issue was initially caused by budget and/or engineering restrictions?

Do you think this would ever be up for an upgrade or replacement with something else?

I think until they offer more kid-friendly rides and attractions, the Flyers are here to stay.

I've taken my kids on it and I don't remember being able to see any dinosaurs...if you look hard enough, however, you can see Turkey Lake Road :p

Of the thousands of times I have been to IOA I have yet to ever ride Pteranodon Flyers, sad that it took me having kids of my own to finally be able to ride this.

You need to get on it man. I can't board it. No children. But it looks cool. I always remember building one of these type rides on RCT3 and wondered why the one at Universal had height/weight restrictions. But def try it out lOL!

You need to get on it man. I can't board it. No children. But it looks cool. I always remember building one of these type rides on RCT3 and wondered why the one at Universal had height/weight restrictions. But def try it out lOL!

I think the restrictions were set in place to help cut down on the wait times. I believe initially it was open for everyone but then changed to what it is now, if im not mistaken. My oldest just hit 36" so she can ride it now :happy:

I think the restrictions were set in place to help cut down on the wait times. I believe initially it was open for everyone but then changed to what it is now, if im not mistaken. My oldest just hit 36" so she can ride it now :happy:

Well that certainly sucks. When it opened I missed this ride then. I really don't know how, I live here lol Probably because the wait times.
Hope your oldest enjoys it when you guys return lol

A kiosk where you could borrow (or rent?) a child between 36" and 56" would be very useful. (joke)

I'd like the chance to ride Pteranodon Flyers at least once!

I'm so with you on this! :lol:

To those who have gone on the Flyers, do you know if you can take a camera with you? Or no carry on items allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.