Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camp Jurassic is one of the best attractions at IOA. I didn't realize this however until visiting Universal regularly with my 5 year old daughter. It's a truly a hidden gem skipped by most guests without children. The cargo nets, caves, geyers, and of course Pteradon Flyers, make Camp Jurassic an awesome play area...not just for kids. And the theming is pretty amazing.

Camp Jurassic is one of the best attractions at IOA. I didn't realize this however until visiting Universal regularly with my 5 year old daughter. It's a truly a hidden gem skipped by most guests without children. The cargo nets, caves, geyers, and of course Pteradon Flyers, make Camp Jurassic an awesome play area...not just for kids. And the theming is pretty amazing.

Go with a friend and climb all over the thing! There magic Dinosaur footprints to hop on... cool glowing caverns with interior geisers and really nice views from the towers.

Sounds like something I'll be including in my next visit this year!

This is my favorite spot in Camp Jurassic
0LTh7Mb.jpg

My girlfriend & I love Camp Jurassic. Last year's Universal vacation was the first time we gave it a try and we regretted we didn't do it before. We like Tom Sawyer Island, but we thought Camp Jurassic was even better. When we go this fall, I'd like to try it when the sun goes down. And if they make improvements, which it doesn't really need, then it will be a WOW factor. Its one of the best kept secrets in theme parks.

Camp Jurassic is fantastic. Just like Tom Sawyer Island, it's a shame so many people pass by it and don't give it a second thought because it's a "kids area".

Heck, I'm 21 but I always make sure to explore all of Camp Jurassic every time I'm there...sometimes I even play tag with my friends in there still! If someone gives me a weird look I just yell out a random name acting like I am looking for my younger brother (which I do not have) ;) It's such an amazing place that you will never be "too old" for! It's also fun to wait around by the dino sound footprints and step on the T-rex when people walk by, makes them jump every time.

I think my husband had kids to go on Pteradon Flyers, my daughter is about 1 1/2 inches too short right now, so we are just waiting for her to get tall enough for this and also roller coasters. Do you know if they have child swap? Would hate for us to wait in such a long line split up since my son won't be tall enough. I am hoping before our passes expire in August she will be tall enough.

I've been saying this for years! Central Florida gets very hot at times and I think every park should have at least one water ride. Jaws wasn't exactly what I'd consider a soaker, but it could occasionally get you wet.

It's a shame they scrapped the plans for the King Kong flume...but then again Potter 2.0 was going to happen no matter what.
kong Flume? Details!!

To all those disappointed they cannot get on Pteranodon Flyers do not be upset. It is no more than 15 seconds from the top of the lift to the brakes. It was not worth the 30 minutes we waited. Even my little cousin agreed. You get one really good swing on the final turn, but that is about it.

Camp Jurassic as a whole is amazing though. I'll agree with everyone on that.

And might I add, it is really fun to get on the rope walkway, wait until some youger kids get on... and then swing the thing violently while screaming like a banshee... :look:

Status
Not open for further replies.