Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudley is easily one of the worst rides anywhere. It's a great drop surrounded by crap.

I get people like it. I just for the life of me don't get HOW they like it.:inquisitive:

Easy...nice facade..good drop = good ride to some..

I personally think it needs updating, but it isn't horrible by any means

Dudley is easily one of the worst rides anywhere. It's a great drop surrounded by crap.

I get people like it. I just for the life of me don't get HOW they like it.:inquisitive:

Rose colored glasses, methinks. The facade is excellent, but it's paper thin. The ride scenery itself is a joke.

I disagree on all levels sry..but thats my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

better than most water rides anywhere else..
Please explain to me how the actual ride portion is better than Splash Mountain. Splash, even in the sad shape it was in before it went down for a refurb, was still much better than Dudley. The only thing Dudley has going for it is the drop. The actual ride portion looks cheap and if one actually pays attention, is disgustingly dirty.

Please explain to me how the actual ride portion is better than Splash Mountain. Splash, even in the sad shape it was in before it went down for a refurb, was still much better than Dudley. The only thing Dudley has going for it is the drop. The actual ride portion looks cheap and if one actually pays attention, is disgustingly dirty.

I agree with everything you said. The AAs in Dudley are cheap and the drop is the only good thing about the ride.

Can't understand why Toon Lagoon gets so little love. IMHO it has two of the greatest water rides in existence, the cartoon theming is hilarious and it has the best kept secret in IOA, namely the waterfront walkway, where you can sit & leisurely enjoy the scenery & ambiance of IOA without a crowd... Although if one doesn't like water rides, I guess it wouldn't be much of an area for rides....But I love good soaking water rides with humor and there's none that does it better than Dudley & Popeye/Bluto.

Easy...nice facade..good drop = good ride to some..

I personally think it needs updating, but it isn't horrible by any means

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't understand why Toon Lagoon gets so little love. IMHO it has two of the greatest water rides in existence, the cartoon theming is hilarious and it has the best kept secret in IOA, namely the waterfront walkway, where you can sit & leisurely enjoy the scenery & ambiance of IOA without a crowd... Although if one doesn't like water rides, I guess it wouldn't be much of an area for rides....But I love good soaking water rides with humor and there's none that does it better than Dudley & Popeye/Bluto.
:thumbs:Agreed.

For one thing i enjoy it more than splash and theres like 3 drops for Dudley.

- - - Updated - - -

And i also agree Mad Dog..People are HATERS on Toon Lagoon lol. Every time i think of water rides i think of Dudley and Popeye. I like Splash Mountain and Journey to Atantis but i just enjoy that island and the rides so much. And for those of you that dont like it i can respect your opinion.

I don't think Dudley is anywhere near where the finished product should have been. I think the land and Dudley gets a little too much criticism though, probably since people know that both were a result of Universal going too quick >wink<. I think the whole Popeye corner is very well done, including its queue. Dudley's ride profile is great, the showbuilding is great, the queue is great. That's where it stops. The logs have become worse, the upkeep is completely subpar, and the weak show sets don't even meet lowered expectations (especially in the sound engineering area).

The main street for Toon Lagoon is well done for what resources and IP they had at the time. I think the shops and restaurants are very nice. It is a nice sensory break from the hyper MSHI and/or the dense JP. So, in that sense I think the design sensibilities came out with that corridor, again, with what resources and time they had to work with. It is a step up from what DCA 1.0 was, and for less money. It will always be ripe for an update.

You know what my favorite part of Toon Lagoon is? What I can just sit for hours doing? Standing on the Dudley bridge at the water cannons with three or four rolls of quarters. Great breeze, Mellow Yellow nearby, and a lot of laughter. Sometimes it is my favorite way to kill a couple hours. Some of the best positioned water jets in any park.

I don't think Dudley is anywhere near where the finished product should have been. I think the land and Dudley gets a little too much criticism though, probably since people know that both were a result of Universal going too quick >wink<. I think the whole Popeye corner is very well done, including its queue. Dudley's ride profile is great, the showbuilding is great, the queue is great. That's where it stops. The logs have become worse, the upkeep is completely subpar, and the weak show sets don't even meet lowered expectations (especially in the sound engineering area).

The main street for Toon Lagoon is well done for what resources and IP they had at the time. I think the shops and restaurants are very nice. It is a nice sensory break from the hyper MSHI and/or the dense JP. So, in that sense I think the design sensibilities came out with that corridor, again, with what resources and time they had to work with. It is a step up from what DCA 1.0 was, and for less money. It will always be ripe for an update.

You know what my favorite part of Toon Lagoon is? What I can just sit for hours doing? Standing on the Dudley bridge at the water cannons with three or four rolls of quarters. Great breeze, Mellow Yellow nearby, and a lot of laughter. Sometimes it is my favorite way to kill a couple hours. Some of the best positioned water jets in any park.
I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Dudley if it didn't undeservingly win awards for best water ride every year.

I'm excited by the prospect of an addition with dinosaurs. I'm not a fan of water rides (don't like getting wet), so an alternative to JPRA will be very welcome.

Someone mentioned it before, but I also would love to see the Hammond and Ian Malcolm characters again.
What reasoning do you think Uni has for not using them anymore?

I'm excited by the prospect of an addition with dinosaurs. I'm not a fan of water rides (don't like getting wet), so an alternative to JPRA will be very welcome.

If any park is to get a water ride its the studios post Potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.