Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned it before, but I also would love to see the Hammond and Ian Malcolm characters again.
What reasoning do you think Uni has for not using them anymore?

Agreed. I think the reason they stopped with them is that those kind of performers are expensive, and in the 2000s Uni wasn't in the position to keep them around.

If any park is to get a water ride its the studios post Potter.

Not a bad idea considering it lost it's only "water ride" in Jaws.

I just hope they're smart enough not to go with Madagascar for it

You know what my favorite part of Toon Lagoon is? What I can just sit for hours doing? Standing on the Dudley bridge at the water cannons with three or four rolls of quarters. Great breeze, Mellow Yellow nearby, and a lot of laughter. Sometimes it is my favorite way to kill a couple hours. Some of the best positioned water jets in any park.

I definitely waste atleast 30 minutes there when I am with a group of friends. It's fun to create a diversion on the bridge by cheering on the riders as they pass under, this way they don't notice or expect the water canons. :lol:

So yeah, I enjoy the island even when I am not riding the rides and getting wet myself. So let's keep the JP expansion within it's current (and very large) boundaries.

I'd expect the water ride (if it comes) to be something that's popular at the moment. Madagascar has no more films on the way so I doubt it will come post-2015.

Reactions: Mike
If any park is to get a water ride its the studios post Potter.

I hope so, not the same without Jaws.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a bad idea considering it lost it's only "water ride" in Jaws.

I just hope they're smart enough not to go with Madagascar for it

You said it! With the aforementioned Dudley at IOA, I also hope they do NOT do Madagascar. That would be two splashdown type rides with outdated IP in one resort.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd expect the water ride (if it comes) to be something that's popular at the moment. Madagascar has no more films on the way so I doubt it will come post-2015.

Good to see we are all on the same page! Too funny.

Honestly, the IP doesn't matter as long as it's a good ride. But if it is an outdated/unknown IP (think Splash), then it better be a damn good ride. :lol:

I guess I would agree with you, because Splash is the great industry example, however it would be really odd to see Universal invest in a Madagascar tie-in when they are trying to modernize Studios with the most current characters/movies/shows that they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I miss it somewhere? I have kept up on the member's thread. Has it been rumored that the Amber Mine coaster is now a ride involving Dino AAs? 'Cause I missed that one.

Last edited:
^ Im curious if the Amber Mine changed to something thats supposed to be on the island instead so it can incorporate dinosaurs.. Maybe its no longer an Amber Mine at all?

I'll be very disappointed if this "bigger" concept is less family friendly. Universal as a whole needs more "everyone" attractions and less Dragons/Hulk sized attractions.

I'll be very disappointed if this "bigger" concept is less family friendly. Universal as a whole needs more "everyone" attractions and less Dragons/Hulk sized attractions.

Yeah. Honestly just give me an E.T.-like dark ride for JP and I'd love it. That's one of the few rides that everyone can get on. As much as I love the bigger/thrill rides I don't get on JP much at all when I go since I don't feel like getting soaked. Just give me a simple dark ride with a great theme and some good dinos at this point. I don't want any more screens/3D/simulators either.

Yeah. Honestly just give me an E.T.-like dark ride for JP and I'd love it. That's one of the few rides that everyone can get on. As much as I love the bigger/thrill rides I don't get on JP much at all when I go since I don't feel like getting soaked. Just give me a simple dark ride with a great theme and some good dinos at this point. I don't want any more screens/3D/simulators either.

Im hoping for a coaster/simulator type with AA dinos. Something like Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom would be nice and an updated River Adventure would be perfect. Also gotta have more Dinos around the actual island in the open.

Amen. A ride I can bring my mom on. And until Universal gets more rides like that, some will never give Universal a fair shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.