Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 734 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this coaster opens, IOA's Jurassic Park will easily be one of the best IP lands in any theme park.
Line Up;
*Jurassic Park River Adventure
*New Coaster
*Camp Jurassic
*Raptor Encounter
*Pterandon Flyers
*Discovery Center
*Dino photo ops
*JP Games (not sure they're a positive :lol: )
*Possible walk around Dino
That's a helluva line up.:thumbsup:

In very excited for all of it, but my excitement will stay low until i find out if the rex photo op is ok. Losing that bit of history will be slightly soul crushing to a jurassic fan like myself. Literally havent focused on any of the great pics of the ride install because of that. Luckily i made a 3d model 1:2 scale bust from my reference photos of it so if it is gone i could always go and just stare at my own.
iXdC4ug.jpg

KU45yre.jpg

But it still wouldnt be the same. Its ten times worse then losing the jptrike by donation (for a good cause) and then them having it only be seen via a quick train ride.

This, if they add a new bar and maybe update Thunder Falls to a full service? Oh boy I could spend a full day here probably in itself.
Nu Bar was in the original plans. I doubt anything will happen to Thunder Falls.

Either way it's going to be a much better land, IMO. One that I usually walked right through outside the times I wanted to ride JPRA.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Nu Bar was in the original plans. I doubt anything will happen to Thunder Falls.

Either way it's going to be a much better land, IMO. One that I usually walked right through outside the times I wanted to ride JPRA.
Ive always been at the mercy of my family on these vacations, and JP and Lost Continent were the lands they were not interested in really. Its been years since I've done JPRA, never done Raptor Encounter, never walked thru Camp Jurassic, can an adult do the Flyers alone?, and haven't been to the Discovery Center since I was a kid/just to the front of the lagoon.

Safe to say next time I visit JP, or JW, its basically going to be a new land for me to experience entirely. Im like beyond excited honestly.

No, you need a child with you
Well cross that off my list but everything else is basically gonna be a new thing, especially if River Adventure becomes the Jurassic World one. Super excited for this all honestly and really excited to see what/if they do anything inside the Discovery Center and how much that can add to the land.

In very excited for all of it, but my excitement will stay low until i find out if the rex photo op is ok. Losing that bit of history will be slightly soul crushing to a jurassic fan like myself. Literally havent focused on any of the great pics of the ride install because of that. Luckily i made a 3d model 1:2 scale bust from my reference photos of it so if it is gone i could always go and just stare at my own.
iXdC4ug.jpg

KU45yre.jpg

But it still wouldnt be the same. Its ten times worse then losing the jptrike by donation (for a good cause) and then them having it only be seen via a quick train ride.
You did an amazing job.
Maybe an animated T-rex would come back, wouldn't that be cool if true?

This has probably been mentioned here already, but this is such a big play for universal just coming off Hagrid. Good for them!

Reactions: tielo
We've got rockwork!
Honestly with all the rock work rumored here, the Raptors in the ride, and that damn top hat I really feel I may enjoy this more than Hagrid's. I cannot wait to zoom past the Discovery Center after being in that paddock. This ride is gonna be JAM packed its kinda unbelievable how much they've worked with the space they have.

When this coaster opens, IOA's Jurassic Park will easily be one of the best IP lands in any theme park.
Line Up;
*Jurassic Park River Adventure
*New Coaster
*Camp Jurassic
*Raptor Encounter
*Pterandon Flyers
*Discovery Center
*Dino photo ops
*JP Games (not sure they're a positive :lol: )
*Possible walk around Dino
That's a helluva line up.:thumbsup:

Imagine if they used the Kong plot for another cool Jurassic ride like a dino safari or something. Anyways, as soon as Velocicoaster opens, this will likely catapult into my top 3 lands in Orlando.

Imagine if they used the Kong plot for another cool Jurassic ride like a dino safari or something. Anyways, as soon as Velocicoaster opens, this will likely catapult into my top 3 lands in Orlando.
Kong plot I feel would've 100% been Gyrosphere ride from Beijing I feel if we didn't get Kong. Im personally happy we got Kong but ya, imagine having room for another E ticket? Absolutely massive land, as it still already is.

Reactions: alias8703
Kong plot I feel would've 100% been Gyrosphere ride from Beijing I feel if we didn't get Kong. Im personally happy we got Kong but ya, imagine having room for another E ticket? Absolutely massive land, as it still already is.
If the tech had worked out, there were rumored discussions of JW being one of the lands at Epic Universe, a complete clone of the land from Beijing. Them supposedly downgrading the concept to another Spider-Man clone, may have led to other plans for the new park. (That may have just been one of many pitches for EU that never got off the ground of course, but I have to wonder if the ride tech never working sealed its fate.)

If the tech had worked out, there were rumored discussions of JW being one of the lands at Epic Universe, a complete clone of the land from Beijing. Them supposedly downgrading the concept to another Spider-Man clone, may have led to other plans for the new park. (That may have just been one of many pitches for EU that never got off the ground of course, but I have to wonder if the ride tech never working sealed its fate.)
God id love to know what the other tech would've looked like. Luckily, while it wouldn't work in Orlando cause it'd be the 3rd iteration of the ride system, a Gyrosphere ride with that system makes total sense. It'd be nice if they could add some AAs for screen transition scenes along with set pieces but not gonna set my expectations too high on that one. This would've been great, but possibly weird if they had JP over at Islands and JW over at EU. Im still anxious to see how the Gyrospehre ride shakes out however.

Reactions: alias8703
You know, they could just retheme Kong to a Jurassic World safari ride. Have some small dinosaurs AAs in the outdoor section, then enter a paddock or aviary. Have raptors, dilos, or pteranodons attack replace the cave, then you end up getting chased by the Indoraptor in the 360 segment while trying to escape, and replace the Kong AA with a mosasaurus (or full size T-Rex) after the most/indo segment in the 360 tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.