Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 736 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies I haven't read all 736 pages, but is there discussion of them just repainting the Discovery Center building...or making some changes to it, to start changing the whole land to Jurassic World?

I realize the main building in the JW movie is a LOT different, but honestly, the JP building here is also a bit different than the original JP film too, it just looks similar

Apologies I haven't read all 736 pages, but is there discussion of them just repainting the Discovery Center building...or making some changes to it, to start changing the whole land to Jurassic World?

I realize the main building in the JW movie is a LOT different, but honestly, the JP building here is also a bit different than the original JP film too, it just looks similar

I was going to say nothing has been confirmed about the Discovery Center but that's just a stupid statement given that Universal haven't even confirmed that a coaster is being built.

Reactions: alias8703
I don't think the color of the building exterior is going to change that much in regards to the Discovery Center as they painted the wall feature behind the heartline roll the same color as the building. I personally don't think the wood columns would look good as anything but wood unless you change the texture. My gut is telling me that the exterior stays fairly unchanged, and the queue building and station for the Velocicoaster will be a hybridization of the JP and JW themes so the whole land visually ties together.

If they're going to do it, I would prefer for them to go all the way with the theming and not clash the time periods like that. If they go full JW like I hope they do, I wonder if there will be three Jurassic World entry arches: one to replace the existing one next to Hogwarts, a new one before or after the bridge that goes under the helix, and a third that somehow goes in between Kong and Thunder Falls Terrace.

Reactions: Andysol
If they truly, truly are just mixing JP/JW that’s just lazy imo. I know most of the GP won’t care but simply from an visual standpoint the colors don’t work together, and we can’t have some announcements/employees saying “Jurassic World” and the have a “Jurassic Park” ride. All my hype will he gone if this doesn’t get the full upgrade.

Now I’d understand for budget reasons that may have to happen in phases, but at this point it’d be just dumb and lazy if they didn’t do the full switch

I believe someone photoshopped a concept a while back of what the DC could potentially look like with a JW overlay

Not saying it's happening, but it was neat looking.

I think that was me.

jurassic-world-jpg.8952

While looking for this, I also found this:

As great as that could have been, this is much better.

Last edited:
we can’t have some announcements/employees saying “Jurassic World” and the have a “Jurassic Park” ride.
Fun fact, the only places JPRA is referenced as a Jurassic Park ride are in the name, the narration, and anywhere you see "JPAC" on the ride. The JP gate you go through just has the T-Rex logo- no words denoting what park you're about to enter. Paint over anywhere you have JPAC and change the ride name and narration, then you've got JWRA. The ride is full of exactly what you see in the JW aesthetic- concrete and steel and jungle, which have been prevalent throughout the entire franchise not just JW. The simple fact of the matter is there's entirely too much pre-existing infrastructure that they'd have to change and the cost of wiping the whole land clean to overlay JW would absolutely outweigh the benefit of doing so.
Personally, I think the new Raptor Encounter fits like a glove- JW themeing and all. Plus, the GP understands JP=JW so it really will only matter to us theme park nerds:grin:

But also, Nublar=/=Aventura. So Universal can technically do whatever they'd like themeing wise and it'd still be mostly right.

Fun fact, the only places JPRA is referenced as a Jurassic Park ride are in the name, the narration, and anywhere you see "JPAC" on the ride. The JP gate you go through just has the T-Rex logo- no words denoting what park you're about to enter. Paint over anywhere you have JPAC and change the ride name and narration, then you've got JWRA. The ride is full of exactly what you see in the JW aesthetic- concrete and steel and jungle, which have been prevalent throughout the entire franchise not just JW. The simple fact of the matter is there's entirely too much pre-existing infrastructure that they'd have to change and the cost of wiping the whole land clean to overlay JW would absolutely outweigh the benefit of doing so.
Personally, I think the new Raptor Encounter fits like a glove- JW themeing and all. Plus, the GP understands JP=JW so it really will only matter to us theme park nerds:grin:

But also, Nublar=/=Aventura. So Universal can technically do whatever they'd like themeing wise and it'd still be mostly right.
They CAN do whatever they want, but it doesn't mean they should. I'd prefer one cohesive theme/look throughout the land rather than a hodgepodge of old and new and judging by the last few pages, I don't think i'm alone in wanting that.

They CAN do whatever they want, but it doesn't mean they should. I'd prefer one cohesive theme/look throughout the land rather than a hodgepodge of old and new and I judging by the last few pages, I don't think i'm alone in wanting that.
I agreee, "Park" should stay

It seems anything Raptor Encounter or Raptor Coaster related will take on the JW look, but I'm not sure it detracts a ton

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I agreee, "Park" should stay

It seems anything Raptor Encounter or Raptor Coaster related will take on the JW look, but I'm not sure it detracts a ton
If the JP was the direction they were trending towards with their additions to the land, i'd say they should go that direction, but they're going the JW direction and the color schemes just clash too much for my liking. Now it's obviously not the biggest deal and honestly with how the USH version of JW: The Ride was received, idk, that they ever go full out and we might be better off for it.

I just think some of the JP parts need to at the very least be updated if it's going to stay JP themed.

While I don’t disagree with you in what they can do, there’s a level of expectation when a guest gets on to a Jurassic World Ride. They’re going to expect to see something from Jurassic World... exactly why The ride in Hollywood has an Indominus, mosasaur, Blue, Owen and Claire.

Not to mention, If we just had a name change after guests are aware of an actual JW ride existing at the Hollywood park, that’s just asking complaints.

So yea, they could just slap on a new logo, but people will notice it’s missing something.

That's basically the point I'm trying to make. They have a JW themed attraction right now and it doesn't really stick out like a sore thumb. Does anyone really think that someone queueing up for Raptor Encounter is really thinking about how that attraction fits into the land? No, they're excited to see a raptor.

So yea, they could just slap on a new logo, but people will notice it’s missing something.
Kinda like Predator Cove? ;)

I fully understand what you're saying. I'm not championing them to do a lazy repaint. I'm simply trying to point out that there's a lot of stuff from both franchises that works in concert, and would allow Universal to retheme on a budget with maximum effect.

That's basically the point I'm trying to make. They have a JW themed attraction right now and it doesn't really stick out like a sore thumb. Does anyone really think that someone queueing up for Raptor Encounter is really thinking about how that attraction fits into the land? No, they're excited to see a raptor.
But why go through the effort of making it JW then?

A hybrid of the two sounds dumb, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.