Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 791 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this time of covid, I would guess there's now a different mindset. Namely get as many social media clicks that you can for a future attraction. Secrecy begone.
Nah, they were literally driving construction equipment through NY when they were building Transformers

This attraction is in the interior of the park

There's really no other way to get to it than coming through a fence and crossing over the midway

Also, video

Last edited:
Reactions: tielo
They’re not working on the entrance though. They’re working on the paddock. They haven’t even built the exterior queue where the entrance will be yet.
Hoping for the bridge landing or placing it ever so carefully by the DC until it and it's mirror can be installed, I still dream

I would love to know whether it was custom sculpted just for this attraction or if it was scanned and cnc’d from an existing maquette. Too, it would be cool to know the price tag. Woof.

*somewhat off subject*
I wondered the details on how the original JP movie dino’s mesh was created as well as what software was available at the time. This article fit the bill in detail and is a fascinating read interviewing the lead cg animator at the time, Steve Williams. How 4 Minutes Of CGI Dinosaurs In ‘Jurassic Park’ Took A Year To Make

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skold and belloq87
We all know whats going in next...

1064937_10151980323663368_1264498441_o.png

Judging from the crane shot this is a static display and not an AA. It does have brackets on it's feet to be bolted in place... presumably onto the rockwork since that's where it was lowered into. It will be interesting to see if they do some AA raptors though. I've seen the ones in Japan and they look good but the movement is very robotic and not smooth to be believable. Time will tell.

Reactions: JoeCamel
This is from something I wrote last month. The number is the rumor. The placements were guesses. (It definitely looked like this guy was going into the ride area today though.)

View attachment 13088
Just an educated guess, but I would think that if AA's are used, they would be in the areas (like the queue, brake run, launch building) that you're moving more slowly. In the rest of the ride, you'll be traveling so fast that you'll never get a really good look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.