Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 792 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like its still really early in rockwork and theming construction to drop in such a finishing piece? Hope no one bumps its haha

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I feel like its still really early in rockwork and theming construction to drop in such a finishing piece? Hope no one bumps its haha
I’m like 99% sure the reason it was put in already is it’s going to be inside a cave in the rock work portion of the ride, and they needed to get it in before they continued with the rock work

I’m like 99% sure the reason it was put in already is it’s going to be inside a cave in the rock work portion of the ride, and they needed to get it in before they continued with the rock work

It’s also easy to forget that once they get the buildings sealed up there are teams of carpenters and artists working simultaneously on the interiors, sometimes before the exterior treatment is finished. I remember being shocked by my linear mindset when I saw the elaborate interior of three broomsticks and wondered at first how and when they did it so fast.

Oh you sweet summer children thinking there will be an announcement soon
I could see them posting a blog post with photos of TMs signing the beam, and a far away photo of the raptor being loaded in... with some vague text about how they're excited to be working on something massive for Islands of Adventure.

A tease. Photos only. No art. No name. No date. Real info won't come until January or February.

First concept art for Hagrid was released ~8.5 months before opening (Oct. 1), with the name announced ~4 months before (Feb. 21). An announcement in the next few weeks seems pretty reasonable, and using the same schedule that would put it around a May opening date (though I wouldn't be too surprised if it's later than that).

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
First concept art for Hagrid was released ~8.5 months before opening (Oct. 1), with the name announced ~4 months before (Feb. 21). An announcement in the next few weeks seems pretty reasonable, and using the same schedule that would put it around a May opening date (though I wouldn't be too surprised if it's later than that).

Yea but that came from Pottermore and was pulled pretty quickly, not to be seen again until February.

I just don't see an announcement coming until 2021
Hey, I'd love one, but it'd be out of the ordinary!

Here are my thoughts on an announcement:

The trains are built and mostly delivered on site. A photo of them is an easy visual addition to any announcement.

Universal are at least beginning to acknowledge that something is happening.

But the fact remains that Universal don't need to announce anything just yet for 2 reasons. There is a lot of coverage on social media of this coaster, they don't need the publicity and with the COVID situation, the last thing they want to give the public is a reason to put off a trip.

Personally, I don't see any reason to announce anything soon but smarter and better connected people here are thinking otherwise.

Is IAAPA still on for November?

Here are my thoughts on an announcement:

The trains are built and mostly delivered on site. A photo of them is an easy visual addition to any announcement.

Universal are at least beginning to acknowledge that something is happening.

But the fact remains that Universal don't need to announce anything just yet for 2 reasons. There is a lot of coverage on social media of this coaster, they don't need the publicity and with the COVID situation, the last thing they want to give the public is a reason to put off a trip.

Personally, I don't see any reason to announce anything soon but smarter and better connected people here are thinking otherwise.

Is IAAPA still on for November?

I believe they'll be making a decision on IAAPA soon.

They said they'd make the decision on IAAPA the first week of September, I think they're waiting to see if Orange County Convention Center makes them a sweetheart deal and knock some cash from the price of renting. They already know several companies won't exhibit this year, so they'll need a deal like they gave the (I think it was amateur Volleyball) group with a million $ off the cost of rental to make it worth while.

I think either way we get some kind of teaser announcement in September.

IAAPA would be a great opportunity to show off the new trains. I've not seen anything but I'm imagining they will be something spectacular.
Looking at pics of Pantheon's train from IAAPA last year, the shape of the front car really lends itself to looking like a raptor head. Not saying that's the direction they should go, but if they had to they could.

They said they'd make the decision on IAAPA the first week of September, I think they're waiting to see if Orange County Convention Center makes them a sweetheart deal and knock some cash from the price of renting. They already know several companies won't exhibit this year, so they'll need a deal like they gave the (I think it was amateur Volleyball) group with a million $ off the cost of rental to make it worth while.

I think either way we get some kind of teaser announcement in September.

I was originally going to make a comment about the irony of IAAPA being cancelled due to COVID when theme parks are open but the US travel restrictions is going to be the killer here.

Which then raises another issue, if Intamin (and I'm not sure if it has been confirmed that Mack Rides are doing the ride system) can't make it over the pond, what will this mean for testing the coaster.

I'm assuming that they will want to start testing of this coaster by early next year. There's a lot of rock work and pull throughs that will need to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.