Lionsgate World Resort | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Lionsgate World Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I assume that once Skyplex gets built Unicorp expects it to drive attendance to both of there properties and I-Drive as a whole. I could see then partnering with ticket offerings and such as well.
Yeah I get the idea that more going on in I drive will drive greater attendance in the area. I'm thinking if I were to visit I just don't see an appeal in going up in a high observation attraction twice. Given the choice I would much prefer to take a quick ride up to an observation deck where I can take my time to look around as opposed to a slow long ride up with a limited time to view from a lower elevation.

The real MVP right here

occg_zpslzwbmyik.jpg

Reactions: WAJAS
I used to think that Universal may have had an argument about sightlines....then I visited Universal Osaka which is basically built inside of a city with a MASSIVE bridge right next to it, and several skyscrapers all around....completely killing any sightlines or immersion.

So if they were ok with it there, this should be minor.

Edited to add pics of what I mean

62G85fNWfVvDLDxl5duWOj_aO__IryHexqUc3bAJjGNe-Drto6A=w1112-h625-no

xaqlloeR1DTX8KGaSvgrDYdkHLd9LXvDVWD93C83bVNOypK-wLQ=w1112-h625-no

Watching this, there is almost unanimous support for Skyplex... very little against it.

Yeah, and it seems as though that mailer might have backfired. Perhaps UOR will have to come up with another way to sink it once it opens.

BTW, I was a bit shocked to see that Mark NeJame knew all about getting trespassed at Universal!

and now we know why they weren't showing their hand. :lol:
The guy representing Skyplex just confirmed Universal has the property under contract and suggested they should build a theme park on the site. I think he just killed his case.

So will this open the door for Universal to build something even taller on the colony property? Something to make the skyplex seem less impressive. Or will they even care enough to change their plans?