Minion Café - USF | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am looking forward to having this as another HHN option. Apart from the food stands, people seem to gravitate towards Springfield and Louie’s, leaving those two locations swamped. Heck, even Today Cafe started to fill up last year. Having another option should help to spread the crowds a bit.

I am looking forward to having this as another HHN option. Apart from the food stands, people seem to gravitate towards Springfield and Louie’s, leaving those two locations swamped. Heck, even Today Cafe started to fill up last year. Having another option should help to spread the crowds a bit.

Do we know if this’ll be open during HHN? I was under the impression since Monster’s Cafe wasn’t serving then, Minion’s wouldn’t be either.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I'm actually curious to see if it will be open during HHN. Seeing it all lit up and open during HHN would be jarring lol

Reactions: DodgsonHere
I highly doubt this will be open. Maybe Freeze Ray Pops, but not Minion Cafe.

Do we know if this’ll be open during HHN? I was under the impression since Monster’s Cafe wasn’t serving then, Minion’s wouldn’t be either.

If I had to make a guess, I think this stays open and Louie's closes for Scareactor Dining and then doesn't reopen after.

If I had to make a guess, I think this stays open and Louie's closes for Scareactor Dining and then doesn't reopen after.
Perhaps, but Scareactor at Louie's wasn't very good - as big a thematic clash as it might be, I'd rather have it in Minions - or find a way to use La Bamba.

As I've said before, this is all a nice surprise, and turned out much better than I initially though it would. Reminds me a lot of the Springfield 2013 makeover, ten years later....Now all it needs is a bar ;) .....
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

banana daquiris all day baby

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Checked out a bunch of food reviews from a couple theme park vloggers. It looked like they were being... kind but everything definitely sounds way better on the menu than it actually looks.

That being said, overall it looks like the ramen and the porchetta sandwich might be the clear winners here?

La Bamba would be ideal, but it won’t happen due to RIP.
Oh, I know things would have to be shuffled - its one of the major reasons I hope as soon as EU is complete, the Studios throws up some new flex-festival-space to free up venues like La Bamba.

Out of curiosity, what is soundstage 33 used for during the event?

In any case, as much as I loved the Monsters Cafe Scareactor meal, it's pretty awful in Louies.

Checked out a bunch of food reviews from a couple theme park vloggers. It looked like they were being... kind but everything definitely sounds way better on the menu than it actually looks.

That being said, overall it looks like the ramen and the porchetta sandwich might be the clear winners here?
From the videos I watched, the porchetta sandwich definitely seems to be the standout.

Minion Cafe/Land has me convinced they need to expand into the Music Plaza Stage area. Waste of space that is only utilized maybe 10 days a year outside of private events that could be relocated.

Add a nice flat ride, some additional eateries/shops and you have a nice first impression to the park other than a half-baked area.

*looks at FFL*

Actually that’s a VERY dumb idea on my part.

Minion Cafe/Land has me convinced they need to expand into the Music Plaza Stage area. Waste of space that is only utilized maybe 10 days a year outside of private events that could be relocated.

Add a nice flat ride, some additional eateries/shops and you have a nice first impression to the park other than a half-baked area.
I would love that - but they'd need to find somewhere else for that huge HHN queue.

That could be easily relocated closer to the soundstages. I don't think it should deter theme park development.

They also rarely need that queue unless an IP is utilizing it.
Even when an original is there, having to have so many queues in one space means that queue tends to end up getting at least partway full.

Having to find new queue space for all the houses in that corner is not an easy thing to do. And if they don’t know what to do with the queues, then heaven help us because they could end up pulling a 2013 trick and having all the houses exit up by the New York Library facade.