Minion Café - USF | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kind of expected....Universal operating decisions have been Chapek like since the USF management change. Seems like she's a Chapek disciple. .....With 80% of the tickets sold being park hoppers (according to Universal Execs.), reservations would be plain 'stupid'. The strength of Universal, leisurely spontaneous little planning relaxing experience, is one of the primary reasons why they've been successful. Why fix something that's not broken?

Kind of expected....Universal operating decisions have been Chapek like since the USF management change. Seems like she's a Chapek disciple. .....

What in the world are you talking about? Irwin has been at Universal since it opened in 1990. Instead of making up lies just check out her LinkedIn.

Universal also makes lots of plans that never happen - see their version of MDX from a decade ago that never rolled out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ZombieTaco
What in the world are you talking about? Irwin has been at Universal since it opened in 1990. Instead of making up lies just check out her LinkedIn.

She wasn't in charge since 1990. She was just another mgt. employee at USF until she was promoted to Hollywood Pres. , where entertainment was cut. Since she replaced the long term President of USF, she's made what's being called 'temporary operational changes' by some,without adequate replacements, during a time of capacity issues. ...Plus, the emphasis on mobile ordering was a disaster when it was last tried. Why return to that. Yeah, let's make vacation planning confusing and arduous in a capacity challenged Studio's park. Sounds like a great idea to me. Add to her linked in accomplishments. ....If this was Disney talking about doing this stuff, you'd be chastising them......Bottom line to me: 20 to 28 days of vacation every year at Universal prior to her running stuff. Loved my vacations. I was as pro Universal as anyone....Last two vacations since she took over. Two very lesser vacation experiences, parks and hotels.. So much so, I've quit going there until I see improvement.

Last edited:
This isn’t the thread for it, but I was talking about Genie like express coming and something else next year, not park reservations. I’ve never heard about that, only surge pricing for certain days.
Oh well that's not too bad then.

Maybe this should have a thread lol

Reactions: Alicia
This isn’t the thread for it, but I was talking about Genie like express coming and something else next year, not park reservations. I’ve never heard about that, only surge pricing for certain days.

Maybe a particular event in a few months could be the testing stage, unfortunately.

Back to Minion Cafe, I'm pretty confident that the soda being used for the Antidote is Materva with a hint of banana. TM mentioned it was cream soda, but is tasted very close to the cuban soda Materva. Also, as a Cuban, I hope they improve the tostones, not that great lol

Reactions: Nico
Maybe a particular event in a few months could be the testing stage, unfortunately.

Back to Minion Cafe, I'm pretty confident that the soda being used for the Antidote is Materva with a hint of banana. TM mentioned it was cream soda, but is tasted very close to the cuban soda Materva. Also, as a Cuban, I hope they improve the tostones, not that great lol
Or…

IMG_5809.jpeg

I’m surprised the menu is more “interesting” than I expected. I expected Minion Tots and Nuggets and other general affair, I’m glad people are enjoying the more exciting dishes!
The head of F&B came from Epcot, which really reflects in the new focus on international food, festival atmosphere during events, and now the more broad variety available at the quick serves.

Has anyone who had the purple Minion drink had lower intestinal issues (trying not to be too graphic)?

I got a report from a TM that they had some really bad discomfort and time in the restroom, and when they compared notes with the other TMs that had the same drink they all had the same issues...
Did you turn into a purple minion?

Grateful for 9pm closings that let me pop in after work…got to check this out last night.

Overall, it’s a nice addition. It’s more aesthetically pleasing than Monsters but given the space it’s in, feels less like a “land” and more a single fun facade. Dedicated background music would do wonders for making this feel like an actual “place.”

Inside the cafe was fine; everything looks new and clean and the AC inside is absolutely elite. Honestly didn’t *love* the food…The pizza was good enough; the crust was the standout while the filling felt like something I could’ve probably made at home. The rest of my group ranged from “okay” to “too much” (some of the flavors seem…misplaced?). I will say the portion sizes are no joke…I skew on the smaller side but can still put away some serious food, and I was tapped out halfway through my meal. With that in mind, it’s a great value.

The real winner is the seating set-up…THIS should be the standard for quick service theme park dining. Being seated was seamless, the mobile order worked great, and in 2023 it was absolutely shocking to get served and cleaned up after without being begged for a tip. I also give Universal a TON of credit not just for letting me put in my AP discount on the app, but encouraging/reminding me to do so during the ordering process.

While I didn’t love it and wouldn’t consider it the best theme park QS by any stretch, I admire them swinging for the fences and introducing this set-up. For that alone I’d call it a winner, even if I’m not in a hurry to go back.

Last edited:
So I'm not sure I'm quite understanding the setup for this - this is mobile order ONLY, right? And you have to actually be there, at a table to order?

(not that it's a problem, I just want to know what I'm in for lol)

So I'm not sure I'm quite understanding the setup for this - this is mobile order ONLY, right? And you have to actually be there, at a table to order?

If you’re dining in, you have to be at the table and use the QR code. Otherwise, you can mobile order and pickup from the window.

I believe there is a window you can order from with limited service, but the restaurant is very much intended for mobile order.

It reminds me a lot of restaurants during COVID (or, if you’ve ever been, BarTaco). You show up at the entrance and a TM will take you to a table. Once you’re seated you place a Mobile Order, part of the process being entering your table number so instead of you having to pick the food up when it’s ready, they come to you. It’s like having a virtual waiter with real busboys.