New Project for Dinoland? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Booo!

We already lost the possibility of dragons, now we lose extinct animals too?

Much rather see a new land added than one replaced.

This is the only negative we get from this. IJA is a better attraction than Dinosaur, plain and simple.

But it does further dilute what Animal Kingdom is. And even if you ignore that, you're only slightly upgrading. Dinosaur is already one of the best rides at the park. While there are expansion plots and IJSS standing.

Still, it is what it is, and I'm not against it

If, IF, this is true I don't think they fully clone IJA. While the layouts are similar (not identical) the building layout and supports are not.

I hate this idea with a passion I can't adequately convey.
My only qualm is that dinosaurs *should* be represented at DAK in some capacity. Other than that, I am all for it.

You cannot deny that the current dinosaur land is an abject failure in all aspects. CTX is a good ride, but it does not get enough attendance (based only on my experience.) Hopefully they will re-route traffic to help Indy succeed.

There are multiple sources saying Dinosaur closing for Indy is now imminent.
I'm seeing the same thing. It would be an easy change, but if this happens, what happens to Dinoland? Indiana Jones land?

Also, i'm sick of layovers and using existing buildings for "new" attractions at WDW. This news is coming the day after both GMR and UoE closed to be replaced and Maelstrom got changed to Frozen just a few years ago. They should be EXPANDING not replacing.

I just don't know in what universe Disney thinks Indiana Jones belongs in Animal Kingdom when he's practically tailor made for Adventureland or Hollywood Studios. He has nothing to do with animals - extinct, mythological, or otherwise - in any meaningful way.

Easy: existing ride system. No new construction

I just don't know in what universe Disney thinks Indiana Jones belongs in Animal Kingdom when he's practically tailor made for Adventureland or Hollywood Studios. He has nothing to do with animals - extinct, mythological, or otherwise - in any meaningful way.
There are no more rules about what does and does not fit. Indy fits because IP, jungles, and CTX was an Indy clone (so it won't cost as much as a new build.) It's that simple.

Also, i'm sick of layovers and using existing buildings for "new" attractions at WDW. This news is coming the day after both GMR and UoE closed to be replaced and Maelstrom got changed to Frozen just a few years ago. They should be EXPANDING not replacing.

1,000%. Animal Kingdom needs additional rides, not replacements.

Easy: existing ride system. No new construction
There are no more rules about what does and does not fit. Indy fits because IP, jungles, and CTX was an Indy clone (so it won't cost as much as a new build.) It's that simple.

Then the company is even more creatively bankrupt than I feared.

As the idiot who argued why Pandora fits in Animal Kingdom, and a logical case could be made for it. I'm dumbfounded on how it fits.
Beyond dumb.

Kids F'ing love dinosaurs. Just fix Dinorama. You'll have to fix it anyway- or do we just Overlay it with "Short Rounds Carnival Fun"

Reactions: tankart150
Remember, Chapek was a Merchandising head or something like that, right? From everything i've heard about him, he wants to be really agressive in pushing IP in the parks, as a salesman does, but he has no care for theme as you allude.

Theme is irrelevant now. WDI is basically given an IP to put into the parks and told to find a place to put it. Also, in the latest MiceChat article, they mentioned that Chapek doesn't think WDI can come up with projects quickly so they are trying to prove him wrong. This could be a case of that.

As the idiot who argued why Pandora fits in Animal Kingdom, and a logical case could be made for it. I'm dumbfounded on how it fits.
Beyond dumb.

Kids F'ing love dinosaurs. Just fix Dinorama. You'll have to fix it anyway- or do we just Overlay it with "Short Rounds Carnival Fun"
Dino-Rama is done for within the next few years from everything i've heard so there's a chance Dinoland goes away in it's entirety... hopefully at least with a new dark ride in that spot or something if Dinosaur has to change to Indy.

Dino-Rama is done for within the next few years from everything i've heard so there's a chance Dinoland goes away in it's entirety... hopefully at least with a new dark ride in that spot or something if Dinosaur has to change to Indy.

How this can be a win-win:

Indiana Jones replaces Dinosaur, a new South American animals trail replaces Dino Rama

Reactions: Alicia and Nick
Theme is irrelevant now. WDI is basically given an IP to put into the parks and told to find a place to put it.

The problem is that there are logical places for these various IP-based attractions to go. Want Guardians in the parks? Great, here's Tomorrowland or Hollywood Studios. Want to bring in Indy? Welcome to Adventureland. It's not rocket science, but it almost feels like Disney goes out of its way to create thematic incongruity when there's literally no need for it.

The problem is that there are logical places for these various IP-based attractions to go. Want Guardians in the parks? Great, here's Tomorrowland or Hollywood Studios. Want to bring in Indy? Welcome to Adventureland. It's not rocket science, but it almost feels like Disney goes out of its way to create thematic incongruity when there's literally no need for it.
They are also basing off of GSAT scores... GMR, UoE and Stitch are the three worst on property. Of course, Disney can control those to an extent depending on the questions they ask so they can manipulate it.

They also touted at D23 that the expansions at Epcot and MK (Ratatouille and TRON) are very highly rated. They love to make it a game about what's "loved" and what isn't when in reality, it's about what costs a lot of money to maintain. Both GMR and UoE were using the same system... by closing both rides, they don't have to order parts for those RVs anymore and it is true that UoE and GMR (even with DHS down to 5 rides at the time) were not seeing close to their theoretical capacity.

Theme means nothing anymore. It's all about inserting IPs into the park and getting rid of old, expensive rides with waning popularity.

How this can be a win-win:

Indiana Jones replaces Dinosaur, a new South American animals trail replaces Dino Rama

I hear what you're saying, but that's not exactly a win for people who love dinosaurs and think they're an important element of the park.

Theme means nothing anymore. It's all about inserting IPs into the park and getting rid of old, expensive rides with waning popularity.

I understand the decision making. That doesn't mean I have to tolerate it or rationalize it.

Well, I'm conflicted. I haven't been on any incarnation of Indy, so having it come to Florida is nice. I enjoy Dinosaur, but the ride definitely has its flaws. Getting rid of dinos from Animal Kingdom feels a bit weird, but if Disney can turn the area into a nice South America land, it'd be a plus. I really don't know :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.