New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards water park attractions taking on a new level of theming and story telling. Water slides that go beyond loud music and strobe lights with AA's, Live effects, projected images, and highly immersive queues with preshows. I think we could also see a unique aspect of transportation as well as highly themed hotel aimed at taking away competitor market share and having direct access to the new "3rd gate."

Preshows.... PRESHOWS?!

I love it in theory, Hate it in practice... reason being is that we will be wet... and cold... Unless its indoors with heaters... Or better yet, the preshow you are already in the water.... or you are in cold water and little kids are making the water warm, and yellow for you. You get the point, I love the concept, and i know they can pull it off. Would love to see how that goes.

As for the hotel, unless it will be tied with Hotel #5, which as of now we arent sure if it will be ultra deluxe of economic like CBBR. Plus you would want the hotel near the water park, that means they would need either more land, and their first 20+ story hotel

u A lot of this meshes with what I've heard, though part of what I've heard also included "real" rides to go with the water park rides.

Don't don't how I feel about that in practice. When I do TL, that's typically all I'm doing and vice versa. I don't know if I'd wanna go on an attraction soaked, or sit in a seat soaked by someone else.

Don't don't how I feel about that in practice. When I do TL, that's typically all I'm doing and vice versa. I don't know if I'd wanna go on an attraction soaked, or sit in a seat soaked by someone else.

I don't think it'd be something like Spider-man or Transformers, for instance. I wasn't given specifics, but I would image it'd be some sort of log flume/rapids and maybe a few flat rides.

on even another note, This obviously has to go where Wet N Wild is, I believe what they will do is fill up the land they own on the lake, buy the gator golf and whatever 1 restaurant is right next to it, with that they could obtain 50% more land. buy the 3 buildings next to that and they would be able to double their land. But just a thought

I imagine Universal would rather it go nowhere near WnW. It's hard to get across how much that park's reputation has sunk among locals, and probably even tourists, in the past decade. You don't want to build the IoA of water parks only to have everyone say, "Oh, the new Wet n Wild? Pass."

I imagine Universal would rather it go nowhere near WnW. It's hard to get across how much that park's reputation has sunk among locals, and probably even tourists, in the past decade. You don't want to build the IoA of water parks only to have everyone say, "Oh, the new Wet n Wild? Pass."

It means removing wet n wild. And anything UC has been doing lately only gets praised, they can manage

Plus locals are the first to know about real updates in the city, other than us.

Just a note on this idea...
I have been to several theme parks where the waterpark and rides are in the same gate (Hershey Park, Kings Dominion, etc). They usually have restrictions on the attractions (shirt, hard shoes, no bathing suits) that limit the cross-over issues regarding the rides. The two ways around this are easy access to your hotel to change, or a decent locker/changing area to allow you to enjoy both parts of the park if you can't easily get to a room (local/outside guest). I'm interested to see how they will thematically tie the water and non-water rides together since most parks treat them as separate but equal entities.

In that case, my money is on Middle Earth.

I'd have thought many other things could be executed in such a way that they embarrass Cars Land without necessarily being Middle Earth, although I would of course love to see Middle Earth built. A water park setting would add a whole new dimension to the argument over which part of Middle Earth to represent though... Water slide down the Falls of Rauros anyone? :lol:

I'd have thought many other things could be executed in such a way that they embarrass Cars Land without necessarily being Middle Earth, although I would of course love to see Middle Earth built. A water park setting would add a whole new dimension to the argument over which part of Middle Earth to represent though... Water slide down the Falls of Rauros anyone? :lol:

The "super secret project" and the water park are two separate things

Maybe Toon Lagoon wasn't leaving, just moving. :lol: I love the idea of one park with a wide range of water attractions.

It's funny that you have to walk past the water park project in the sound stage to get to the "super secret project". They are in separate spaces, so I was told by my killdeer friend.

I hear cars land and all I think is F&F (We know they are taking action on this IP since we see permits filed in hollywood for such attractions). And if it is F&F, I dont care if it surpasses carsland, does it surpass Test Track? sorry, elaborating on some thoughts.

But seriously... Kong, Water/Theme Park with actual rides, Middle earth, F&F.... God how I wish I could be in those soundstages right now, good times ahead. (And a ton of discussion on the forums :thumbs:)

And Teebin you are saying that the waterpark isnt the super secret project?!

Ugh, Disney Imagineers must be kinda mad that they cant go through such crazy projects

Last edited:
The super secret project is most likely either for Toon Lagoon or the MIB/Springfield plot. Either way, I'm just ready for someone to give some concrete news to talk about!

The super secret project is most likely either for Toon Lagoon or the MIB/Springfield plot. Either way, I'm just ready for someone to give some concrete news to talk about!

I would say KZ or MIB area, the reason being is that since they have that unused land by Men in Black, it is a better use of space to use that are that is being unused rather than take out 2 rides that do get a good fill in the summer. That would just make other ride lines longer and truly is bad for efficiency. Plus, since they are moving towards IOA optimization with JP and Kong, and some other things they will then revert back to Uni, UNLESS they take 1 year off from both to create the water park. But after Kong my Bet is Waterpark and going back to USO

Status
Not open for further replies.