New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumored amount of money that Uni is spending on this project is very close to the same spent on Yas...which is a good sign.

That's why I brought up Yas because of the price comparison, one can only hope that it turns out like that. However the way UC is going I think we are in for a real treat here. I can't wait to see some type of concept art or model or anything pertaining to this "gate" if you will.

Since Teebin says this may be in the process of being engineered at the moment, so they are busy drafting it all, making models etc; so when would they physically begin building this and how long will it take for this to be build? I definitely hope that, this being Universal's own waterpark, you will be able to add it to your annual pass.

Since Teebin says this may be in the process of being engineered at the moment, so they are busy drafting it all, making models etc; so when would they physically begin building this and how long will it take for this to be build? I definitely hope that, this being Universal's own waterpark, you will be able to add it to your annual pass.

I am not sure that anyone here knows for certainty where they intend to build it, let alone have it done. Having said that, we should keep in mind that they seldom build models for small projects, let alone need a soundstage in which to build it. Wouldn't it be dandy if they were working on the greatest water park ever built in the USA. A destination unto itself.

If this is on a level such that it needs an IOA-style model, I'm suddenly a lot more excited than I have been previously. The concept of a theme park - water park hybrid is a potentially really exciting one too. I think the sign of a great park is one in which you can walk around an entire day just enjoying the environment and still have a great time without going on any rides, so if this is a water park where a day could be happily spent admiring the theming, eating, and shopping (you can bet your boots there will be ample opportunity for that, I would think) then I will be very happy and very impressed.

A lazy river with scenes through different movies would be cool. Like the Great Movie Ride, just with Universal movies and in water.

I just hope they keep Potter out of this proposed water park. I know it's making them a killing but I don't see how it fits in. Minion beach, Jurassic Park and Jaws seem to fit naturally as does SpongeBob if Universal is actually allowed to do anything but sell merchandise and have a parade. I'm real excited about the possibilities of this potential park, a full blown water theme park is going to be something else. My fingers are crossed this happens.

^ You watch them make a ride out of the Inferi in the Firestorm / Dumbledore getting the little boat to the island in the cave scene :lol:

I think the waterpark has to be an invention, much like IOA's POE or Disney Sea. Franchising a WP would seem a disaster waiting to happen over time otherwise. Mythos would be a great name for a water park, and a great place to move the restaurant. Then there could be a Mythos Hotel. This is what I mean by an invention.

I know things... bits and pieces, but I cannot say them here though I wish that I could. I have no idea what the pieces imply, as they are vague and very unspecific.

I think the waterpark has to be an invention, much like IOA's POE or Disney Sea. Franchising a WP would seem a disaster waiting to happen over time otherwise. Mythos would be a great name for a water park, and a great place to move the restaurant. Then there could be a Mythos Hotel. This is what I mean by an invention.

I know things... bits and pieces, but I cannot say them here though I wish that I could. I have no idea what the pieces imply, as they are vague and very unspecific.

Oh man. The things im thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if this part will be complete in 2 parts maybe so they can keep expanding. I wish I could take a day in the UC rooms and go through and examine every sketch, proposal and model.

Could this be the first water park/theme park hybrid?!

I'm leaning towards water park attractions taking on a new level of theming and story telling. Water slides that go beyond loud music and strobe lights with AA's, Live effects, projected images, and highly immersive queues with preshows. I think we could also see a unique aspect of transportation as well as highly themed hotel aimed at taking away competitor market share and having direct access to the new "3rd gate."

This is something I have thought about for ages...just imagining where Universal could go with this thing excites me.

Universal may not have the highest attended theme parks, but you can almost guarantee they'll have the highest attended water park!

I'm leaning towards water park attractions taking on a new level of theming and story telling. Water slides that go beyond loud music and strobe lights with AA's, Live effects, projected images, and highly immersive queues with preshows. I think we could also see a unique aspect of transportation as well as highly themed hotel aimed at taking away competitor market share and having direct access to the new "3rd gate."

Hi HateToFly. Your location gave it away as you always put hints in your location. 430 is another project number being worked on everyone. So we have to call you Lord from now on?

Reactions: Doug A.
Hi HateToFly. Your location gave it away as you always put hints in your location. 430 is another project number being worked on everyone. So we have to call you Lord from now on?

Thats not Hatetofly...

That is the TheDarkLord... Which is an interesting name...What was supposed to replace TL again?

on even another note, This obviously has to go where Wet N Wild is, I believe what they will do is fill up the land they own on the lake, buy the gator golf and whatever 1 restaurant is right next to it, with that they could obtain 50% more land. buy the 3 buildings next to that and they would be able to double their land. But just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.