Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like a simple but effective system, will hold full judgement untill I've tried it but first impressions are promising.

Reactions: Mike S
Most of the people I've talked to about this system seem pretty intrigued, I think it'll work out nicely

It's going to be interesting to see how a completely VQ park will look like. Hopefully, the third park is like this.

Without standby lines, how could that even work? You'd have to spend an unknown period of time going around the park and collecting return times (or plan it all out ahead of time). I just want to get on some rides.

Universal redefine queues to being an integral part of the ride experience then they invent this that makes them mostly obsolete.
I think the idea isn't to eliminate queues, but instead to greatly shorten them. For instance, if Gringotts had VQ then it wouldn't just not have a queue. The queue would be limited so the farthest it backs up is the first room without any outdoor queue. You keep the queue long enough to experience the best parts of it, but long enough so that nobody is stuck in the heat.

Last edited:
Universal redefine queues to being an integral part of the ride experience then they invent this that makes them mostly obsolete.
Perhaps they could make the queues more like a walkthrough attraction that leads to the ride. FJ for example could have a tour guide that takes you through the castle other elements could even be added to make it more interesting and/or more story driven kind of like Poseidon's Fury.

Reactions: shiekra38

I love UOR's newest queues and all and I am fortunate that have gone through on multiple occasions, but when I try and view my experience based on the line flow I am experiencing at that moment in time (trying to imagine it was my first time through), I found that often, the pacing and flow can really suck.

I think the idea isn't to Eli mate queues, but instead to greatly shorten them. For instance, if Gringotts had VQ then it wouldn't just not have a queue. The queue would be limited so the farthest it backs up is the first room without any outdoor queue. You keep the queue long enough to experience the best parts of it, but long enough so that nobody is stuck in the heat.

Dang autocorrects! Eli Mate had me going there for a minute. Anyway, I think this a lot....I still think most of this is for rides like DM, but I do not see something like this being tried with a standby queue. For, DM, I would imagine a group pre-stages in the outside queue who were all paged that their ride is ready.

I get that if you think the Disney way (fast pass1.0), you wait or you get a return time...I see this more as, 'we can get you in about an hour from know...we will let you know when you can join the queue for a 15 minute wait, so expect to hear from us in about 45 minutes...since you can't wait in the queue, but you are in a virtual queue...well, I see it as, hey, I'd rather stroll around for 45 minutes than to stand in this line.

Perhaps they could make the queues more like a walkthrough attraction that leads to the ride. FJ for example could have a tour guide that takes you through the castle other elements could even be added to make it more interesting and/or more story driven kind of like Poseidon's Fury.

I mean, I imagine this is what Fallon could be like. Have the Tonight Show Stuff as a sort of pre-show for groups who are called back to just stroll around in, a lot like all the stuff in the lobby of the monster make-up show.

'Disney World's Rival'? - I'd hope USF was seen as more than that...
Agreed. But if the media and most of this forum didn't keep banging on about how 'Disney should be quaking in their boots' about stuff people wouldn't think that. I guess it's too easy for people to make comparisons.

Reactions: maroonmol
One more point on a free park wide virtual queue system. Universal makes a ton of money selling Express passes, plus they're a benefit that helps sell the more expensive deluxe hotel rooms. So, I very much doubt this will be used for more than a handful of attractions.