Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well after seeing this I'm a little concerned that all the merchandise is going to be ride specific. I'm hoping they have some regular Tonight Show merchandise.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
One more point on a free park wide virtual queue system. Universal makes a ton of money selling Express passes, plus they're a benefit that helps sell the more expensive deluxe hotel rooms. So, I very much doubt this will be used for more than a handful of attractions.
I think the key selling point for Express over Virtual Line, though, would be that Express would grant you IMMEDIATE access to the attraction instead of having to return later.

Well after seeing this I'm a little concerned that all the merchandise is going to be ride specific. I'm hoping they have some regular Tonight Show merchandise.

Concerned, yes. But if it happens, won't be the end of the world to me. 99% of the time I'm walking straight through the shop of a ride. Although if it was general NBC I would definitely be stopping at this store more often.

Reactions: Mike S
Concerned, yes. But if it happens, won't be the end of the world to me. 99% of the time I'm walking straight through the shop of a ride. Although if it was general NBC I would definitely be stopping at this store more often.
Yeah I'm really more of a fan of "in theme" merchandise, which in this case would be Tonight Show merchandise not Race Through NY. I mean it's not a huge deal I'll just save some money. As I said previously I don't at all expect this to be an NBC store but I would hope we get some Tonight Show stuff, we'll see I guess.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Me neither, without standby I can't really see anything else to do except for go to restaurants/shops or walk around which will get more annoying with the crowds also waiting for their ride time.
If it really gets annoying you can probably find a nice corner of the park somewhere and just pretend you're waiting in line.

Reactions: UK-Trigg and Narc
The virtual line stuff is probably overblown. DM is only a 2 week test. And that just be for Fallon. At most it will just end up being a few attractions, Fallon first, then maybe DM, Pter. Flyers, Shrek later.

The virtual line stuff is probably overblown. DM is only a 2 week test. And that just be for Fallon. At most it will just end up being a few attractions, Fallon first, then maybe DM, Pter. Flyers, Shrek later.
That could very well be true. I've just gotten the impression though that this is something Universal really wants to push. They're putting it into their newest attraction as well as making it a fundamental part of their new water park.

That could very well be true. I've just gotten the impression though that this is something Universal really wants to push. They're putting it into their newest attraction as well as making it a fundamental part of their new water park.
The water park, though, is a different animal. It fits that to a T, as it does the Fallon attraction....F&F will be the opposite, with a huge queue like Kong.

Did they stop this at Pter. Flyers? They had the kiosk open when i was last there in Oct. and you needed a return time before you could get in line...but that was the first trip when my daughter became too tall, so I imagine I won't pay too much attention to this actraction anymore...sure we will still visit Camp Jurassic, so I may watch....but I just can't imagine they stopped with the return tickets since it started there.

I think it would be OK if they implement this system permanently for "Showtime" attractions like DM, Shrek, Horror Makeup, Terminator, even Simpsons. But I imagine that your return time for DM will start you in the first preshow room. Shrek, too. So you will still have a wait before you get to experience the main attraction, just not as long.

This is great for show type attractions AKA DM, Shrek, and other ones. The lines aren't themed outside and all you really need is the preshow.