SeaWorld Ends Orca Breeding | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Ends Orca Breeding

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're trying to please the families that are saying "yes" or "no" to going..I think this 'announcement' is a smart move for them...us theme park nerds are already going to come for Mako, minus Epcyclopedia because he will be at The Seas at Epcot..Again, we have 30 years left with the Orcas and it wouldn't surprise me if the breeding just so happened to start up again after a bit of time..

Exactly. And this change should help with that. But they're a business. Moving forward, they need to worry about taking care of the people inside the gates instead of worrying about the ones protesting outside.

Exactly. And this change should help with that. But they're a business. Moving forward, they need to worry about taking care of the people inside the gates instead of worrying about the ones protesting outside.

You are correct. The people outside protesting are not going and they will be the ones protesting for the next 50 years there. They will never stop. Twitter and Facebook is still full of plenty of people who dont like SeaWorld and says this is not enough. Sadly thought now you have a lot of former pro SeaWorld people who have turned away. I see lots of post out there calling it CaveWorld now or posts saying if you buy a ticket you support my extinction and so on and even one that says Empty the Stands telling visitors to not go so they make a statement. Its quite sad.

So many people say this had to be done to "Save SeaWorld" but in the end when all the animal shows and habitats are gone and its nothing but coasters and rides what did we save? It will not be SeaWorld anymore. This is my biggest fears!

You are correct. The people outside protesting are not going and they will be the ones protesting for the next 50 years there. They will never stop. Twitter and Facebook is still full of plenty of people who dont like SeaWorld and says this is not enough. Sadly thought now you have a lot of former pro SeaWorld people who have turned away. I see lots of post out there calling it CaveWorld now or posts saying if you buy a ticket you support my extinction and so on and even one that says Empty the Stands telling visitors to not go so they make a statement. Its quite sad.

So many people say this had to be done to "Save SeaWorld" but in the end when all the animal shows and habitats are gone and its nothing but coasters and rides what did we save? It will not be SeaWorld anymore. This is my biggest fears!
I think, like Busch Gardens or Animal Kingdom...they will continue with the animal aspect, but infuse it with headliner attractions..

In a somewhat related manner, I just received a Busch Gardens Williamsburg email that they will be adding a new wooden coaster in 2017, and they're having a contest of sorts to let the fans have a say in the coaster's layouts. It will be in the New France area of the park. So, it's really looking like Sea World's making a commitment to increase the coasters in their park system.
Busch gardens added a subpar clone coaster in Tempesto. This is a rather short and small coaster in the same vein of cheaping out. Blackstone has not wanted to make a major investment since verbolten didn't bring in the numbers they wanted. Blackstone is living off the legacy that Busch built. It does not compare to a project like mako. It is cheap quantity over quality.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Busch gardens added a subpar clone coaster in Tempesto. This is a rather short and small coaster in the same vein of cheaping out. Blackstone has not wanted to make a major investment since verbolten didn't bring in the numbers they wanted. Blackstone is living off the legacy that Busch built. It does not compare to a project like mako. It is cheap quantity over quality.
Yeah, if you've seen any of my posts previous to that one, you'll see that I've said those same things. But, I think since Manby was installed they're doing a slight course change. But it's only to increase the value of the franchise so Blackstone can sell and get out. (Kind of the same thing they did with Universal right before they sold their position) . Looking at the now very slim entertainment offerings, in a BGW that used to have some of the best entertainment around, indicated they're being judicious with their spending. And I was aware of how bad Tempesto is, and as been perceived. I'm a long time BGW veteran going back to their second season.Basically, coasters are inexpensive ways to get a quick boost in attendance. And they're building them in their other parks also. They're certainly not building expensive dark ride Spider Man type attractions like DarkKastle. Bottom line, I think all this stuff at all of their parks are to do a quick increase in value so Blackstone can sell & get out. Blackstone is the worst type of invest firms, they buy, suck the profits out, and sell. This time their strategy didn't quite work as planned. Their revenue nosedived too quick.They tried to sell before, but either the offers were too low, or there were no offers. Hopefully once Blackstone exits, they'll get a majority owner that actually cares about the parks long term.

Reactions: anihilnation
Seaworld's new national ad is quite compelling. It tells a good story and only shows a 1/4 sec. clip of an orca's face. The rest is all their stronger points. I approve!

Seaworld's new national ad is quite compelling. It tells a good story and only shows a 1/4 sec. clip of an orca's face. The rest is all their stronger points. I approve!
Do you happen to have a video of it? I'm curious as to what there marketing team did right this time. :lol:

Did they hire a new marketing person, because their marketing since advertising the Orca Program ending has been really good. Even the marketing and events for the pass holders.

Reactions: WAJAS
Did they hire a new marketing person, because their marketing since advertising the Orca Program ending has been really good. Even the marketing and events for the pass holders.

Hopefully it's now on track to becoming a great park. I think their ambition is to get the park in good shape and then sell it.

If all the bad PR is gone, I think I'd be happy for Universal to buy it.

Hopefully it's now on track to becoming a great park. I think their ambition is to get the park in good shape and then sell it.

If all the bad PR is gone, I think I'd be happy for Universal to buy it.
I 100% agree with you. As soon as the parks get marketable & they can get a good price for their share of the stock, Blackstone will divest.

Reactions: Scott W.
I 100% agree with you. As soon as the parks get marketable & they can get a good price for their share of the stock, Blackstone will divest.

Yes I agree they sell. I don't think Universal would touch it with a ten foot poll though. They don't need to. But I do think someone will come in and buy it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I agree. They would have sold it when they tested the market two years ago. I guess they either had no suitors or couldn't get much for the parks. Yeah, with that new property purchase, it would be very doubtful Universal would have any interest.

Yes I agree they sell. I don't think Universal would touch it with a ten foot poll though. They don't need to. But I do think someone will come in and buy it.

It the park was profitable, it could be a good way to keep the competition in check slightly.

Edit: This has been in my head since saying that.

It the park was profitable, it could be a good way to keep the competition in check slightly.
Blackstone is an investment company. They generally cut cut cut so they can make crazy margins, then they sell. That strategy backfired on them with the SeaWorld purchase. There's no way they hold onto a property that only returns small or no profits. Once the books get cleaned up & the breeding/animal controversies get some distance, they'll sell. And that will be the best thing that could happen to the entire Sea World chain. They're only in stuff for the short term.

AKA greedy bastards company
That sums them up pretty well.....Best thing that ever happened to Universal was when Blackstone sold their position to Comcast finishing what started with the GE deal. Just think, Universal was held by two of the worst companies in corporate/ investment America. Double trouble. I'm surprised they survived.

That sums them up pretty well.....Best thing that ever happened to Universal was when Blackstone sold their position to Comcast finishing what started with the GE deal. Just think, Universal was held by two of the worst companies in corporate/ investment America. Double trouble. I'm surprised they survived.

And who seen things working out so well in the end.

7 reasons Comcast is the most hated company in America