SeaWorld Ends Orca Breeding | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Ends Orca Breeding

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And who seen things working out so well in the end.

7 reasons Comcast is the most hated company in America
I find that when it comes to internet and tv sevice etc, it is the entire system that is corrupt; either that or we are horribly behind in technology here, because from what I heard, Japan and Korea are much better for internet. Is it bad in Scotland/UK like this as well? On a positive note ... there was a time everything was dial up!

Reactions: Scott W.
I find that when it comes to internet and tv sevice etc, it is the entire system that is corrupt; either that or we are horribly behind in technology here, because from what I heard, Japan and Korea are much better for internet. Is it bad in Scotland/UK like this as well? On a positive note ... there was a time everything was dial up!

It's not too bad here actually. I'm paying £15 a month for 76mbps fibre and £17 for my phone for unlimited data, texts and 600mins. I can also use my phone in the states at no extra charge.

I found out I could get fibre about a week before I got married and my wife was annoyed I seemed happier about that than our wedding, ha. It was about 1mbps before to be fair.

Reactions: anihilnation
It's not too bad here actually. I'm paying £15 a month for 76mbps fibre and £17 for my phone for unlimited data, texts and 600mins. I can also use my phone in the states at no extra charge.

I found out I could get fibre about a week before I got married and my wife was annoyed I seemed happier about that than our wedding, ha. It was about 1mbps before to be fair.
Damn, that is cheap, about $22. I pay $63 for 18mbps (att uverse). My speed works for everything I need it (including video streaming, I'm a cable cutter :) ) though it is expansive. Of course, they always get you, I think it was supposed to be $45, then all the sudden there is tax, equipment rental etc

Damn, that is cheap, about $22. I pay $63 for 18mbps (att uverse). My speed works for everything I need it (including video streaming, I'm a cable cutter :) ) though it is expansive. Of course, they always get you, I think it was supposed to be $45, then all the sudden there is tax, equipment rental etc
From what I have read you guys get a raw deal on TV, Internet, and mobile.

Especially as not all providers cover all areas

Somehow I don't think the younger whales got the memo, and seemed to be making a "love connection" out in the main pool while the others performed this evening during the 6pm show. :p

Agreed, advertising is on all the time. They also have hit up Facebook and I see posts from them all the time now. They really have stepped up their marketing since they announce the breeding program ending. It seems they had a very calculated plan worked out and they are executing it very well.

Reactions: Scott W.
Agreed, advertising is on all the time. They also have hit up Facebook and I see posts from them all the time now. They really have stepped up their marketing since they announce the breeding program ending. It seems they had a very calculated plan worked out and they are executing it very well.

It seems like they've managed to control a lot of Blackfish negativity recently as well on recent posts. I'm hoping this is beginning of a bright future at SeaWorld.

Reactions: IzzyB
My only thing with that, that would hurt some o the other flagship resorts partnerships with Sea World. I also don't like Universal existing pass Universal Blvd. The county has terrible zoning, but nothing the parks can do about that now. I don't want them to buy the land at Sea World. But if Sea World is ever for Sale, I'd like Universal to buy the Sea World itself, and incorporate it's marine tributes and attractions into their existing and future park(s) here in Orlando.

I'd love to see that too. But, unfortunately, I think SeaWorld is going to be the last of the animal-based parts for a very, very long time. Blackfish was horrible for the entire chain and absolutely nobody wants to open themselves up to a similar situation.

I'd love to see that too. But, unfortunately, I think SeaWorld is going to be the last of the animal-based parts for a very, very long time. Blackfish was horrible for the entire chain and absolutely nobody wants to open themselves up to a similar situation.

Also Seaword Spain seriously been having problems with the killer whales being suicidal, trying to break the gates to the pin open to escape and purposely beaching themselves on the edge of tanks in attempts to be freed.

Heartbreaking footage shows killer whale ‘trying to kill herself’

Rather Comcast buy it, get rid of the sealife except Penguins in the actual park and the animals in Discovery Cove and retheme with an park dedicated to nature under the Universal umbrella. It would also be easy and welcome addition for capacity in the event of the convention center park gets super popular to spread out crowds more.

Also Seaword Spain seriously been having problems with the killer whales being suicidal, trying to break the gates to the pin open to escape and purposely beaching themselves on the edge of tanks in attempts to be freed.

Heartbreaking footage shows killer whale ‘trying to kill herself’

Rather Comcast buy it, get rid of the sealife except Penguins in the actual park and the animals in Discovery Cove and retheme with an park dedicated to nature under the Universal umbrella. It would also be easy and welcome addition for capacity in the event of the convention center park gets super popular to spread out crowds more.
OK, that video is NOT SeaWorld, it is another park altogether. The whale pictured is one owned by SeaWorld, but the park she is in is not run by SeaWorld.

Also, the thought that she is trying to "commit suicide" is conjecture by animal rights groups who once again anthropomorphise whales (and all animals).

OK, that video is NOT SeaWorld, it is another park altogether. The whale pictured is one owned by SeaWorld, but the park she is in is not run by SeaWorld.

Also, the thought that she is trying to "commit suicide" is conjecture by animal rights groups who once again anthropomorphise whales (and all animals).
Free Willzyx.

In February 2006, Loro Parque received four young orcas: two males, Keto (born in 1995) and Tekoa (born in 2000), and two females, Kohana (2002) and Skyla (2004) on loan from SeaWorld. Sea World still maintains ownership of these animals, and has sent its own professionals, including trainers, curators & veterinarians, to supplement the staff at Loro Parque. In 2004 and 2005, before the orcas were brought to Loro Parque, eight animal trainers from the park were sent to Sea World parks in Texas & Florida for training.

SeaWorld had and has their team in charge of care of the animals and have been for years. After blackfish, they haven't learned anything. I get the good they try to do but some animals are just better left alone.

Yes, SeaWorld owns the animals and provides SOME staff for the care of the animals but it is not a park owned or run by SeaWorld. It is also off topic.

The discussion was about whether the acquisition of SeaWorld by Universal would be something we MIGHT see some day. It always has been and always will be a possibility. No one says it would ever be operated as SeaWorld if that happened. The property the park is on is worth much more than the brand to Universal. The plot it is on is almost as big as the area occupied by the two existing theme parks, and is zoned for theme park use. It would be easy enough to level it all (or keep selected things) and build something completely new and different baring ZERO resemblance to the existing SeaWorld park.