Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder if they will FINALLY upgrade the movie now that we are getting a new Shrek film.
It is that seating/simulator system I really want replaced. Feels like riding a pneumatic mechanical bull.
Bull.jpg

I would rather want to see Shrek moved to the Third Park to be treated with justice rather than changing it's film. And they've had plenty, PLENTY of opportunities to do so, but they haven't.

Good point! If they are going to get that new park going soon for a 19-20 opening time frame, that would line up with the new Shrek film. Would love to see a fully themed Shrek area like Singapore has with their Far Far Away land. Could get a totally new Shrek ride (maybe a crazy boat ride through the swamp) and a copy of their new Puss in Boot roller coaster. I don't want to lose Shrek at the parks, but it needs an update.

Good point! If they are going to get that new park going soon for a 19-20 opening time frame, that would line up with the new Shrek film. Would love to see a fully themed Shrek area like Singapore has with their Far Far Away land. Could get a totally new Shrek ride (maybe a crazy boat ride through the swamp) and a copy of their new Puss in Boot roller coaster. I don't want to lose Shrek at the parks, but it needs an update.

The USS Puss in Boot's attraction is a cheap attraction; CHEAP. And not in the best of way's.

I feel like Shrek and Wild Arctic (over at Seaworld) are the worst motion simulator-type attractions in all of central Florida. I mean both attractions I just cannot stand. They get me sick, and ruin my day. I'm being a little over dramatic, but yeah they're rides I just can never even remotely like. I hope this ride goes away for good

I feel like Shrek and Wild Arctic (over at Seaworld) are the worst motion simulator-type attractions in all of central Florida. I mean both attractions I just cannot stand. They get me sick, and ruin my day. I'm being a little over dramatic, but yeah they're rides I just can never even remotely like. I hope this ride goes away for good

I'm surprised that Star Tour's isn't there instead of Shrek because of it using a ride system much like Wild Artic's.

I'm surprised that Star Tour's isn't there instead of Shrek because of it using a ride system much like Wild Artic's.

Star Tours interacts with the video more, and feels more in snyc with the screen movements. Wild Arctic feels like it's going to break everytime it runs, not to mention, a lot of the movements don't really flow with the screen very well. I'm aware Shrek is a very different simulator-type attraction, but it's still tied as worst in Central Florida. Shrek isn't only outdated, uncomfortable, and boring - it's also incredibly annoying.

4D* you still have all the water and seat effects.

The seats are loud and take away from the show
IMO

oop forgot about that, but lol is the water and seat effects really that much of a difference? Idk. The ride still doesn't stray far away from a 3D imax movie. Only difference is u jerk back and forth uncomfortably, and get sprayed with water every now and then. I do agree the show would be better, but i think the best option is to scrap it. The quality of the attraction doesn't match up to any of the other rides in the park

I have been in the second pre show and theater. When you get in the line they have a split point where they direct you to either the now only theater or around the building to the other theater.