Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's also because it's not a bad attraction, especially for those with kids. A lot of the stuff at Universal skews much older, but Shrek is family friendly.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Heh, I like it & enjoy it, especially the pre show. I don't go to Universal during the busy season , but I can't remember a single time the theater wasn't filled completely, when I was there for a show. It's a good attraction for tourists. Probably not the thing for locals & hard core fans though, since there's not a lot of re rideability. I've noticed one pretty constant trend on these boards. The types of attractions that are interesting for tourists, longer show type attractions like Shrek, Terminator, Poseidon, the former Disaster etc. are not liked by most posters that are locals. I think, bottom line, is because they get tired of rides that aren't the type you can do over & over & over gain. But that balance is good for theme parks that get a big chunk of their profit from tourists.

Heh, I like it & enjoy it, especially the pre show. I don't go to Universal during the busy season , but I can't remember a single time the theater wasn't filled completely, when I was there for a show. It's a good attraction for tourists. Probably not the thing for locals & hard core fans though, since there's not a lot of re rideability. I've noticed one pretty constant trend on these boards. The types of attractions that are interesting for tourists, longer show type attractions like Shrek, Terminator, Poseidon, the former Disaster etc. are not liked by most posters that are locals. I think, bottom line, is because they get tired of rides that aren't the type you can do over & over & over gain. But that balance is good for theme parks that get a big chunk of their profit from tourists.
giphy.gif

LOL jk!!

I agree with you. I'm not local (from Ft. Lauderdale) and I don't mind going to these shows, I actually enjoy them! But my girlfriend who lives with me cannot stand going to the shows over and over, so I think it all depends.

It's also because it's not a bad attraction, especially for those with kids. A lot of the stuff at Universal skews much older, but Shrek is family friendly.

This.

This is why Kidzone coming down is going to cause some major issues with Capacity on rides like Shrek and DM. That is why I believe ET replacement is a phase two, I don't think they can afford the capacity of that ride coming down. It is also why I think they wait to bring down AA until they have to.

I don't get how that's possable. As well the minions ride. Whenever I go to UO and walk in to the park, the minion ride alway has like a 90 min wait. I don't get it
During this summer it's (Shrek) generally been between 30 to 60 minutes whenever I check the Touring Plans posted lines for Universal.

It's also some of the only really kid friendly stuff in the park. When people bring the Disney age kids (6-10) to Orlando, they have a LOT to do at MK, but not so much at Universal Studios.

It's also some of the only really kid friendly stuff in the park. When people bring the Disney age kids (6-10) to Orlando, they have a LOT to do at MK, but not so much at Universal Studios.
Fortunately, the kids should be able to ride Fallon and Fast and the Furious when they open. Of course, neither of those are are specifically aimed at kids. I'm all for keeping Shrek until Nintendo opens. Since Shrek will likely be in the new park I would suspect that the ride would be shut down as soon as Nintendo opens. But that's just my guess.

The minions are also very very very popular apparently, like with kids + preteens so it kinda draws families into the attraction. Top that off with Minion's capacity, and you are sure to see a 90 minute wait. However, in my opinion, it is definitely not worth it.

Reactions: Mike S
The minions are also very very very popular apparently, like with kids + preteens so it kinda draws families into the attraction. Top that off with Minion's capacity, and you are sure to see a 90 minute wait. However, in my opinion, it is definitely not worth it.
We share opinions in that the ride definitely is not worth it. But also I love the minions and I'm 26, and two other people in my office also love the minions and they're like 45 and 50 respectively. They both have desks over-filled with little minion figurines/toys.

We share opinions in that the ride definitely is not worth it. But also I love the minions and I'm 26, and two other people in my office also love the minions and they're like 45 and 50 respectively. They both have desks over-filled with little minion figurines/toys.
I saw the Minions movie for the first time last night and didn't really care for it. SLoP was better but the first DM is still the best.

Reactions: Joel