Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the merchandise: the reason there's no Eighth Wonder Expedition Company merchandise yet is because the ride isn't open yet. Only super hardcore theme park fans even know what that is. Meanwhile, everyone knows who Kong is, so you might as well get the merch out now to get some extra $$$ before the ride itself opens. Once the ride opens, I'm sure they'll start adding in EWEC-type merch as people who have ridden the ride will know what it is.

I shall ask once more....

Once inside the indoor queue, is it supposed that we've found the outpost or have we stumbled upon the natives cavernous home? How will they mesh the interactive native elements with the story they are telling?

Once inside the indoor queue, is it supposed that we've found the outpost or have we stumbled upon the natives cavernous home? How will they mesh the interactive native elements with the story they are telling?

The first part is the expedition encampment with lots of wooden shipping crates probably marked with the logo. The inner part will remain a secret until it opens. Releasing the fancy detail causes the designers and builders a great deal of despair and sadness. I will not be part of that. I try to stay on the side of frustrating them a little bit. :)

Last edited:
My profile pic is me, so I'm easy to recognize. And my daughter is always with me, she has pink&purple hair.
Now that makes it easy. :) It would be cool to meet more of the site members. We met one of the posters & his wife a year & a half ago, we all had a drink together at Duff's, and it was a nice time discussing Diagon & Universal. I have so many extra soccer team shirts that about half of the time I'm at the parks I'll have a shirt on that says, Mon Valley United F.C., Straubs Beer (our sponsor), or Mad Dogs. I'll be at Universal May 7-17. Yell over, and we'll have a beer.

Now that makes it easy. :) It would be cool to meet more of the site members. We met one of the posters & his wife a year & a half ago, we all had a drink together at Duff's, and it was a nice time discussing Diagon & Universal. I have so many extra soccer team shirts that about half of the time I'm at the parks I'll have a shirt on that says, Mon Valley United F.C., Straubs Beer (our sponsor), or Mad Dogs. I'll be at Universal May 7-17. Yell over, and we'll have a beer.
I'll take a Butterbeer as I don't drink.

If softs are going on you may see me out there. I normally wear Steelers, Pirate, or Eat n Park shirts since having my daughter. Nothing else fits lol

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
This site seems to be more on the sane side (and everyone seems to have a life and not be a mouth breather) but I'll warn you that the Disney fandom was an awful thing to experience.

They still tell stories about the lady who would only communicate via cat puppet and the one who insisted on dressing up as a pre-Potter wizard (long beard, pointy hat, 95 degree heat).

So.. Yeah.. My advice is to be pleasant and maybe meet to chat or something but dear god don't agree to spend the day together.

I used to get offers of several hundred an hour to give private tours at Disney and I turned them down because I found the rabid fans so insufferable.

Lol - you are new. Many of us have already met each other and hung out together. So nothing scary here :)

Seriously though, they have organized HHN meet ups and things like that in the past. We have also had smaller groups meet up for HHN, Mardi Gras, or just to hang out. So I don't think anyone is going to stop meeting up with people because of some scary Disney stories.

This site seems to be more on the sane side (and everyone seems to have a life and not be a mouth breather) but I'll warn you that the Disney fandom was an awful thing to experience.

They still tell stories about the lady who would only communicate via cat puppet and the one who insisted on dressing up as a pre-Potter wizard (long beard, pointy hat, 95 degree heat).

So.. Yeah.. My advice is to be pleasant and maybe meet to chat or something but dear god don't agree to spend the day together.

I used to get offers of several hundred an hour to give private tours at Disney and I turned them down because I found the rabid fans so insufferable.
This is Orlando United. We're friendly but not crazy. :lol:

If softs are going on you may see me out there. I normally wear Steelers, Pirate, or Eat n Park shirts since having my daughter. Nothing else fits lol
Yes, it's a Pittsburgh thing. Izzy, did you know they're doing a complete renovation of Noah's Ark at Kennywood? Supposedly they're going to return it to it's original layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.