Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 171 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that Mr Meowypants? You think people should be careful meeting people on the internet?

That's probably good advice Mr Meowypants! What? Come again? The blood of virgins? Mr Meowypants I told you we can't drain the blood of our new friends. It isn't nice.

No! Bad Mr Meowypants! Bad kitty! No! Put the knife away!

Side note: if you see that guy from Inside he Magic at soft openings or anything, for the love of god get into a different vehicle.

That man has ruined more previews, special events, ride opens, etc... For me with his stupid camera and mic rig than I thought possible.

I have been in other time zones and he somehow appeared with his camera.

And he's one of those puppet people. *shivers*

Yes, it's a Pittsburgh thing. Izzy, did you know they're doing a complete renovation of Noah's Ark at Kennywood? Supposedly they're going to return it to it's original layout.

Yes, I saw it on their Facebook page feed. Last time I went on it I was very disappointed that most of the good parts were gone. So I will be excited to see it when we go up there this year. We skipped Kennywood last year because the littlest was too young to do anything, but kiddie land will be perfect for her this year. Oldest should be tall enough for more rides, so she will love it again. Last time we took her she had a blast on all the rides.

Reactions: Mad Dog
My money is on first week of May for public soft opens. Team Member preview end of next month.
Are there any attractions in Orlando where you see/hear someone get killed right in front of you? Because...

In T2:3D that company rep gal gets choked and her body flung off stage. Also in Alien Encounter they used to blatantly kill a guy and have his blood fall on the audience from the catwalks.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I'm a little unfamiliar with soft openings. How long before the grand opening do soft openings usually stop? I'm going to be there May 21 so i'm a little concerned it will be too close to the grand opening for any softs.

I'm a little unfamiliar with soft openings. How long before the grand opening do soft openings usually stop? I'm going to be there May 21 so i'm a little concerned it will be too close to the grand opening for any softs.

Softs don't stop. When they start they may be limited hours or not occur every day, but as they move thru they are open longer and off days are less and less. So the closer to opening the more it is open.

There have been instances where softs last as little as a week and others that have dragged on for 6-8 weeks before the grand opening. Think of grand openings as nothing but press events. Sometimes they are small like Diagon and others are like Hogsmeade and Everest and are over the top.

I definitely think it should be soft opened by then, hopefully.

Also, If you try to book a VIP tour, the only date that's blocked out is June 23rd. Possible opening date for Reign of Kong?
image.jpeg

There have been instances where softs last as little as a week and others that have dragged on for 6-8 weeks before the grand opening. Think of grand openings as nothing but press events. Sometimes they are small like Diagon and others are like Hogsmeade and Everest and are over the top.
I especially enjoyed watching Transformers streamed grand opening with the epic military battle. Conversely, I was physically present for the then new Studio's nighttime show and new parade grand opening and the weather was terrible. It rained so hard they had to delay everything for a few hours. Plus the media event part was kind of isolated. And I was lucky enough to be one of the first couple of people to get on Star Tours 2 soft opening and later in the week we were there for the grand opening that had huge events. As you said, some big & some small.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I'm guessing softs towards the end of April, although if June 23rd is the opening day, I'd expect very early May. Also, I'm really curious... do coasters usually soft open? I wonder when Hulk will.

Reactions: Ryno27
I'm guessing softs towards the end of April, although if June 23rd is the opening day, I'd expect very early May. Also, I'm really curious... do coasters usually soft open? I wonder when Hulk will.

I don't see softs in April if they are just now doing continuous full cycles. But I could be wrong. If April I would think very late April. They have to cycle that thing a long time before allowing people on it.

I don't see softs in April if they are just now doing continuous full cycles. But I could be wrong. If April I would think very late April. They have to cycle that thing a long time before allowing people on it.

As a reminder, they have been doing full cycles of the vehicle for months already. They were just done late after closing.

Reactions: Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.