Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first part is the expedition encampment with lots of wooden shipping crates probably marked with the logo. The inner part will remain a secret until it opens. Releasing the fancy detail causes the designers and builders a great deal of despair and sadness. I will not be part of that. I try to stay on the side of frustrating them a little bit. :)

Fair point, my friend! Mustn't rile them up too much ;)

I've met most of the Orlando Twitter community and Zombie Chris at HHN. theyre all great guys and since I've never had a bad encounter with anybody here in my two year run of this site, I really hope to meet a ton of you in person one day.

God the facade just gets better by the second, so exciting. Strange they closed the CJ outlook now of all times since It's almost done. Whatever it's gonna be greaaaaat

I dont quite understand the point of these myth explorer videos. Actually, my confusion happened when the main lady said "They're even basing a ride off of it at Universal Studios Orlando". I thought that these videos were supposed to immerse us in the reality that skull island existed and that we were joining them on this trip?

Can someone clear my mind of this conundrum please?

Are you sure that is a video shoot? It looks more like a still camera setup.

It is a dslr. Looks like a complicated rig just for stills though. I've been known to be wrong. :)

One thing I get form that picture is that the wall looks much higher than I thought. None of those people look to be tall enough to see over it.

Reactions: youhow2 and Ryno27
It is a dslr. Looks like a complicated rig just for stills though. I've been known to be wrong. :)

One thing I get form that picture is that the wall looks much higher than I thought. None of those people look to be tall enough to see over it.
It's a handheld gimble for shooting smooth panning, titling, reveal shots, etc without bringing a jib or track around with you

I dont quite understand the point of these myth explorer videos. Actually, my confusion happened when the main lady said "They're even basing a ride off of it at Universal Studios Orlando". I thought that these videos were supposed to immerse us in the reality that skull island existed and that we were joining them on this trip?

Can someone clear my mind of this conundrum please?
The ride is supposed to be based of the initial expiditon that the videos are talking about. The ride is the 8th wonder exploration company from my understanding.

Last edited:
Perhaps it was just Nassal trying to capture their work before they are ousted. The gold reflector baffles me because the camera is not pro video setup. I cannot make sense of it.
I imagine it is Nassal capturing footage, or Universal using it for website/YouTube/Blog content

Perhaps it was just Nassal trying to capture their work before they are ousted. The gold reflector baffles me because the camera is not pro video setup. I cannot make sense of it.

The cameras of today can capture video. From what was mentioned, it sounds like this is a modern solution to get smooth pans and such.

Until there is a formal operational change from construction to the control of operations it's a construction site. As long as it's a construction site the TM's are required to have hard hats, reflective jackets, etc.. (I think even steel toe shoes.)

So when you actually see people running around without hard hats you'll know it's getting close to opening.

Until there is a formal operational change from construction to the control of operations it's a construction site. As long as it's a construction site the TM's are required to have hard hats, reflective jackets, etc.. (I think even steel toe shoes.)

So when you actually see people running around without hard hats you'll know it's getting close to opening.

Can't comment about the last sentence but yes an active construction site requires PPE (personal protective equipment) like hardhats, safety glasses, steel toed shoes, etc during normal working times.

Reactions: Ryno27
The ride is supposed to be based of the initial expiditon that the videos are talking about. The ride is the 8th wonder exploration company from my understanding.

hmmm, still...curious. When she said that it took me out of the "realism" completely. Not being nitpicky per se but if youre gonna tell a story and make it seem real then dont F it up in a marketing video.

Status
Not open for further replies.