Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the topic of scenes... (I'll put this in a spoiler tag just in case)
...what counts as scenes can be very subjective. Forbidden Journey could just be 4 scenes if you count Forbidden Forest, Chamber of Secrets, and the Hogwarts sections at the beginning/end, or it could be 7 if you add in the 3 dome sections, or even more if you split up the different sections of the Forbidden Forest and Chamber of Secrets scenes. So if Kong has "three scenes", who knows how long or how split up each scene will be?

Reactions: Cole and Mike S
On the topic of scenes... (I'll put this in a spoiler tag just in case)
...what counts as scenes can be very subjective. Forbidden Journey could just be 4 scenes if you count Forbidden Forest, Chamber of Secrets, and the Hogwarts sections at the beginning/end, or it could be 7 if you add in the 3 dome sections, or even more if you split up the different sections of the Forbidden Forest and Chamber of Secrets scenes. So if Kong has "three scenes", who knows how long or how split up each scene will be?
Because people love to disagree and love to be right. "THAT" cannot be so. Even though "that" has zero negativity inherently.

I think we are just all VERY passionate about this subject matter and ALL get very defensive (even when it's totally unnecessary.) I have been guilty of this before, especially sometimes when I feel it's impossible to get a point across/have others even CONSIDER what you're saying.

"It is not enough to succeed - others must fail." - Gore Vidal.

I could watch the video of the RV coming into the unloading station over and over.

Love that tiny sneak peak of the jungle set, the lighting is quite bright too. Perhaps more than construction lights ( I wish)

I'd love to see them have day scenes =)

Kong End.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Love that tiny sneak peak of the jungle set

Thanks for posting this as I never would have noticed the plants in the background. I knew they had been "planted" but that was just before the Kong crates arrived months ago.

Adding to this, that was the jungle that should appear on Dinosaur at AK but don't because it's budget was slashed. Solution, they just turned off the lights.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been addressed already, but the vehicles kind of worry me. Will every rider be able to see everything pretty well? With a capacity of 72/vehicle, and a roof on it, it seems like it could be difficult for smaller riders or those in the middle-back of the vehicle to really take in the whole experience.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Reactions: IOAGuy
I don't know if this has been addressed already, but the vehicles kind of worry me. Will every rider be able to see everything pretty well? With a capacity of 72/vehicle, and a roof on it, it seems like it could be difficult for smaller riders or those in the middle-back of the vehicle to really take in the whole experience.

Think it will be like Gringots, you will have to ride in many positions to get the whole show from the best view and throw in 5 "drivers" then you have to do a bunch of rides to get it all.

Hi! I've been lurking for a few days, I had to reply on my phone. I've read every page of this thread, as its just so interesting and exciting.

But wouldn't it be a good idea to sum up everything we know and have found out so far as a reference? Kinda like a grocery list?

I'm pretty worried about this myself but people have been saying it's alright

Let's talk vehicle movement...

One of the few things I recall from before the building was enclosed is that there's a obviously pitched hill/slope toward what would be the side of the building with the entrance going upward as it heads to the exit side of the building.

Is the whole 360 screen thing sloped or is it like a ramp up and into it..?

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I am not pleased with the whitewashing of the letters. I might have agreed to 5% brighter but geez! Did the art director once work for "slap you in the face" DISNEY? (that was rhetorical)
Maybe it's the same art director that did the Diagon/London water lagoon wall that you dislike so much. :lol:

Reactions: JoeCamel
I am not pleased with the whitewashing of the letters. I might have agreed to 5% brighter but geez! Did the art director once work for "slap you in the face" DISNEY? (that was rhetorical)

I don't find this to be nitpicking at all, nope, not one bit.