Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 205 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know the original Kongfrontations capacity? 72 seems so high

9 rows per RV with row 1 only holding like 2 or 3 because of the live actor. Rows 2 through 9 sat 6 across. So theoretically it was 50 per RV.

Reactions: Ryno27
I heard from a team member today that supposedly there are TM previews scheduled for April 6th...

Not sure if I believe that, but there it is.

April 6th is an "expo" of info for TMs held in soundstage 33. No preview. No TMs who would work the ride in that manner have been scheduled/trained yet.

I heard from a team member today that supposedly there are TM previews scheduled for April 6th...

Not sure if I believe that, but there it is.

Perhaps that was their earlier intention. They may be shown the queue... but I'll bet a few things will be covered and out of view. They are just too important and surprising.

The problem you talked about earlier with the vehicles, does this by any chance have anything to do with the added weight of people being in the vehicle at full capacity not being taken into consideration? The only reason I ask is because I was reading about the sinking library earlier.

The issue was the wire in the concrete. I guess it has markers within it that were not being read consistently.

And what is the sinking library?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
If it has a guide wire then it's essentislly the same system as Energy at Epcot.

And the problem at Energy was static created by the carpet. The vehicles had to be fitted with brushes to disperse the static.

If it has a guide wire then it's essentislly the same system as Energy at Epcot.

And the problem at Energy was static created by the carpet. The vehicles had to be fitted with brushes to disperse the static.
I'm pretty sure there is no wire attached to the vehicles.

I'm pretty sure there is no wire attached to the vehicles.

By guide wire, as at energy, it's embedded in he concrete and the vehicle look for it. It's emitting a faint radio signal they listen for. It tell them if they go off track and then they stop.

It was a physical full "wire" at Energy originally but it became a series of pucks marking points in later renovations of the building.

By guide wire, as at energy, it's embedded in he concrete and the vehicle look for it. It's emitting a faint radio signal they listen for. It tell them if they go off track and then they stop.

It was a physical full "wire" at Energy originally but it became a series of pucks marking points in later renovations of the building.
Gotcha, I misunderstood it as being pulled. I am sorry for the confusion and thanks for the info.

At Energy it was really interesting because it allowed them to make the vehicles trackless before things like wifi really existed.

It works much like a metal detector - pings when right over the wire, faint when near, and nothing when totally off. However instead of just pinging it's relaying info to the vehicles, like playing a song with instructions (like the Macarena so to speak.) Each vehicle is like a dancer and knows it's assigned role in the show setup. When the wire gives the cue it scoots along. If it loses the signal it stops.

A n d .... yet another robotic character that I did not know about. This one is a real surprise and will send some of you guy-boys over the top if it is successful.

(the reason I didn't know about months ago is SO plausible and hilarious! It was right there in plain sight all along!)

Is it a bird on a stick? The one thing this ride is missing is a bird on a stick!

Reactions: Cole and Ryno27
Did anyone notice all the bamboo canes, on a few plants have died? That tells me that it was field dug and too many roots were cut in the process to support the mature canes. Theoretically, the plants are still alive in the ground and will send up new shoots this summer. Question is, will that be good enough for a theme park of this stature?

I thought it got stuck going over an uneven terrain like The Beast did in Ireland.

No, that getting stuck on the concrete happened months ago and was fixed. The communication issue has also been happening on and off for months, whether wireless or ground path wire.

At Energy it was really interesting because it allowed them to make the vehicles trackless before things like wifi really existed.

It works much like a metal detector - pings when right over the wire, faint when near, and nothing when totally off. However instead of just pinging it's relaying info to the vehicles, like playing a song with instructions (like the Macarena so to speak.) Each vehicle is like a dancer and knows it's assigned role in the show setup. When the wire gives the cue it scoots along. If it loses the signal it stops.

Sounds like the tech that electric companies and others use to find wires underground. A signal goes down the wire and they carry a device with two prongs. The device can tell which way the wire is and you can follow the wire along the ground. Neat to see how precise they can be with it.

No hint here at all. Use your common sense.

A bunch of All American, attractive families will be on site some time in early April. They will sit in the vehicles and everything, and shine their perfect smiles in seeming enjoyment and horror. No idea what time this will be happening, but I would expect it will be at night if not the wee hours.

No hint here at all. Use your common sense.

A bunch of All American, attractive families will be on site some time in early April. They will sit in the vehicles and everything, and shine their perfect smiles in seeming enjoyment and horror. No idea what time this will be happening, but I would expect it will be at night if not the wee hours.

Not that it would work this way this time but this kind of stuff generally happens like 5 and 6 in the AM, or at least it has in the past.

Reactions: JoeCamel