Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then people would complain that those from outside the ride and in the queue would see driverless cars and it would ruin the suspension of belief and Universal sucks and Disney would never do this.

Oh I don't mean to frost it so that nothing is visible. Just enough so you see the silhouette and shadow of the figure, and even its limited movement without being distracted by how unrealistic they look. You wouldn't even need to do the windshield or even the side window either as I've heard you rarely see the figure from those vantage points close enough for it to matter, probably just the rear window that guests can look through during the ride. Seems like a far enough fix to make without breaking the suspension of belief. Again though, I don't know if there is anything that happens in the truck cabs during the ride that would make that not very feasible.

From "Man who must not be named"
1. Cast members have started being allowed to ride, so far the night shift have been the only group who actually has.
2. I can't really elaborate (I don't want to be kicked) on the "timing issue" that was mentioned a few days ago but it has to do with an effect within the actual ride. Apparently it's not a "do or die" effect but there are issues
3. No official word on softs yet but within the next 2 weeks it's almost guaranteed
4. It's huge, loud, and scares the heck out of you
5. So far there has been some pretty funny/worrisome feedback (at least for Uni) about the "drivers".
6. Apparently the outside que experience is drastically different at night, not just for the obvious lighting but for the intensity of the que surprises
7. More animatronics than you're expecting

That's all I have for the moment

Thank you for some meat and potatoes. It's been too much of, "I have information about this ride, I cant tell anything about it but I can tell you that I know things."

Love this

This is amazing. Hopefully an updated one will be made for later next week when I can actually go to the parks.

I start to get really impatient right before a ride is about to open. This type of stuff holds me over for a few hours ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone give a comparison of the Kong queue to another queue?
Is it like Poseidon's Fury (different stages of the queue), or Forbidden Journey (A constant flow)?

I'd imagine it will be a constant flow.

I think not having any seat belts and having 72 guests per vehicle with a possible dispatch time of every 90secs, this could be a quick moving queue.

I've said this privately before but I'm going to make it public. This attraction seems to be the response to the statement "The only good thing UC and Universal does is when WB/JKR watch over them".
I'm just catching up on this thread so I know i'm late, but who says this? They surely wouldn't pony up for an attraction of this magnitude just to prove some people on the internetz wrong.