Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 324 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
About time, that guy was crude, rude and thoroughly disgusting,
I thought you would end that with "socially unacceptable". I do love the film All of Me.

My thoughts on both this attraction (and Hulk): the direction Creative has been moving towards with immersive/experience queues excite me. The difficulty is now educating the general public that waiting in line is just as important to the attraction as the ride itself. This is the main reason I can't enjoy single rider in some attractions. You miss so much.

Local radio station Monsters in the Morning will be broadcasting live at Universal tomorrow I don't think they would be there just to be there. I think they might actually be one the first people to get a sneak peek at the ride.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
I'll be there in the morning hoping for softs, if not, well, I go (almost) every week anyway :)
I hate going on Fridays though because of all the annoying school groups clogging the lines, but well, I have early entry at the moment and usually only stay until a little past noon anyway.

Local radio station Monsters in the Morning will be broadcasting live at Universal tomorrow I don't think they would be there just to be there. I think they might actually be one the first people to get a sneak peek at the ride.

They may get a personal look themselves, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: Mike S
My thoughts on both this attraction (and Hulk): the direction Creative has been moving towards with immersive/experience queues excite me. The difficulty is now educating the general public that waiting in line is just as important to the attraction as the ride itself. This is the main reason I can't enjoy single rider in some attractions. You miss so much.

I am really surprised that Universal has yet to promote Kong as two attractions. In some instances, the queue is getting arguably better ratings than the ride itself. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Quint
I am really surprised that Universal has yet to promote Kong as two attractions. In some instances, the queue is getting arguably better ratings than the ride itself. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

That brings up a question I've had for a while... and I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. With a good portion of the queue being interactive as it is, how are they going to control the flow of people through it? Will the queue itself be in two parts, with them letting so many people to walk through at a time based on lines on the other end at the loading platform diminishing? Or will it be treated like any other queue with a constant flow? I just fear that not having some sort of break up will make the queue less effective, almost like if you walked through a HHN house at a long queue slow pace seeing everything coming before you.

That brings up a question I've had for a while... and I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. With a good portion of the queue being interactive as it is, how are they going to control the flow of people through it? Will the queue itself be in two parts, with them letting so many people to walk through at a time based on lines on the other end at the loading platform diminishing? Or will it be treated like any other queue with a constant flow? I just fear that not having some sort of break up will make the queue less effective, almost like if you walked through a HHN house at a long queue slow pace seeing everything coming before you.

I think Universal has designed this ride to be a "you need to go through it a couple of times in order to see everything" attraction. I think part of the fun of doing the ride over and over again will be noticing different details/scares in the queue each time you go through. I wouldn't be surprised if there's multiple things that can happen in any of the rooms of the queue, and after going through it the first time, you may be like "oh I know what's gonna happen in here", and then they do something else, at least that's what I'm hoping.

Reactions: Mike S
With a good portion of the queue being interactive as it is, how are they going to control the flow of people through it?

They're not controlling the flow. There are a zillion potential switchbacks in the building. Hopefully most of these will not be needed due to the capacity but know that one or two of the rooms will be missed if switchbacks are cut off. I doubt you will miss anything special in these rooms. Know that the hands-on creators of the queue actually became disoriented working on it.

I know they're completely different but reading this made me think of the Little Mermaid ride :ack:

Reactions: rioriz and UNIrd
The guy was crass, outspoken and over the top only a matter of time before he imploded.

I don't want to steer this thread off course but I thought that banned thing was just him putting it as his avy. I'm glad, because that is the only person I got into it with on here (who I did not want to name) Buddy got the ban hammer :ban:

Now :topic:

I'm still excited to go on this ride, even with some of the troubling things I have heard so far.

I don't want to steer this thread off course but I thought that banned thing was just him putting it as his avy. I'm glad, because that is the only person I got into it with on here (who I did not want to name) Buddy got the ban hammer :ban:

Now :topic:

I'm still excited to go on this ride, even with some of the troubling things I have heard so far.
Wouldn't worry about it too much, there have been a couple ride through detailed leaks that have appeared on certain sites in the past couple of days cough reddit cough cough that make it sound to be pretty impressive. Screen heavy...but impressive

I don't think anything that's been revealed about the ride experience is troubling... Like JungleSkip and Teebin have been saying, its all about managing expectations. Its going to be a fun ride and a great addition to IOA... does it really need to be much more than that?

I hate to be a debbie downer, but people are blowing this ride way out of proportion. There is no gore in this ride. Your driver doesn't get kidnapped or eaten alive. Unfortunately, everyone lives happily ever after. There seems to be this misconception that the bug pit scene is going to be terrifying. Actually, there a misconception that the ride itself in general is going to be terrifying.

Lower your expectations a bit. The queue is far scarier than the ride itself.

And unfortunately, I believe you are all going to be disappointed by the percentage of "screen time" there is in this ride. It's the majority of the attraction.

Yes and no. This has animatronics. Going from screen to screen... Is going from screen to screen... Gringotts has nice little scenery in between that I feel this ride lacks.

Thank you for the info, but yeah... I think my expectations were apparently WAY too high for this, and they've now dropped through the floor. Sounds like the only thing to look forward to for me is going to be Kong himself at the end. Hopefully when I get to ride it I'll be pleasantly surprised by the rest of it.