Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could that white ground next to Thunder Falls and the main pathway be related to bringing back the Jurassic Park gate? It probably isn't but I really hope it is.

Checked about the "red lights". It appears they are probably fluorescent protective covers over two pieces of rebar/electric or "redo" markers on the paint and sculpture. Otherwise, red lights aren't known to exist in that location. :wave:

Reactions: Rhian
I did try to get close ups of those things a few weeks ago. I didn't post them because they didn't look like much up close. :)

Reactions: Teebin
In regards to hydraulics, a electronic shut-off valve is used in-line on the distribution block for the specific actuator. When flow becomes too high compared to the requested valve (i.e. a hose leaks too much or splits open) then the switch kills the pump or alternatively switches the pressurized lines to return vent to tank/sump. This is a fast reacting system so there is essentially near-zero time when the leak is allowed to continue. That being said, this is how my particular applications work and anyone with a broader knowledge would be welcome to add to this! The downside to this is that when the leak happens fluid will still spill out all over the operation area. Hence Disney choosing electronic actuation in Japan.

Source: Component/Systems Testing Engineer (I use electronic and hydraulic actuation systems every day)

Reactions: Stitchie
Ok, something new for everyone to ponder and share their thoughts about.

It is difficult to know at this point what kind of queues this will have. So let me toss some options at you and get your opinions.

Kong Queue Options:
1. Standby and Express only
2. Standby and Single rider only
3. Standby and Express and Single rider

Number 3 is seeming like a long shot at this point unless one jumps through a few partially unseen hoops. What is your favorite option?

3, because you would think express is obvious but I like using single rider.

Although maybe they will do something similar to rides that don't have single rider in mind, like how Jurassic Park River Adventure sometimes doubles the Express line as a single rider line until the boarding part of the line.

I feel like they should do what they have been doing. Have standby and single rider and a "tour" line which can be converted to express down the road.

Granted. I have a feeling this wont have single rider since the size of the vehicles. Jaws never had single rider to my recollection.

My favorite option is a selfish one since I spend the majority of my vacation in one of the deluxe hotels. My vote goes to Standby & Express.

3 is the best option. My opinion is that single rider is the most disposable, I mean I assume they make good money on selling the Express passes and I'm sure it helps sway people to the deluxe resorts.

I also think it is a little silly to send vehicles out at less than full capacity (which single rider helps fill in any gaps).

I also think that UOR has a lot of high capacity rides and early entry seems to work well with the Potter rides as opposed to Express, but the single rider queue for Gringrots gives you nothing while The Express queue (which I assume is what we used once when we had a return ticket after a breakdown while we were on the load platform) still takes you to the pre-shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.