Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about Rivers of Light. I'm much more excited for that than I ever will be for Frozen.

RoL will change DAK forever, finally cementing it as a park open until reasonable hours consistently (and Avatar will finally give it a needed new land/rides). The park still needs expansion, but RoL will forever change DAK for the better whereas Frozen will change Epcot for the worse.

In work you! I am really excited about RoL! I also believe the projection show and night safari are to open next year in AK.

And I belive Soarin Over the Horizon

I think it will be the best attraction in any park from what I'm reading. Hopefully Universal won't scale back the intensity.. I read somewhere they did that with FJ. I went on it in 2011, 2012, and again last summer. It seemed a bit different the last time, but it might just be my imagination.

I think it will be the best attraction in any park from what I'm reading. Hopefully Universal won't scale back the intensity.. I read somewhere they did that with FJ. I went on it in 2011, 2012, and again last summer. It seemed a bit different the last time, but it might just be my imagination.
There's not as much to scale back on Kong in the same sense as there was for FJ (a lot of the toning down you're referring to was physical). Kong is a slow-moving Jeep ride. The only thing they may turn down are some of the scarier effects but I don't see that happening.

There's not as much to scale back on Kong in the same sense as there was for FJ (a lot of the toning down you're referring to was physical). Kong is a slow-moving Jeep ride. The only thing they may turn down are some of the scarier effects but I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I was about to say that most of FJ's toning down has been with the actual physical ride experience. The only scary thing that was cut was extra dementors, I believe that was requested by Warner Bros. after some executives rode the ride before it opened and deemed it too scary and asked Universal to cut some out.

@AmuzementBuzz posted this today

CMiyoZcUYAAuLEI.jpg:large

Another little tidbit. I believe this is going to be a moat. I have known it was a bridge of some kind for a while and that this will probably be stamped as wood boards. Seeing it now, perhaps the moat will be filled with water or just over a ravine. Note how deep the side forms sink below grade.

Another little tidbit. I believe this is going to be a moat. I have known it was a bridge of some kind for a while and that this will probably be stamped as wood boards. Seeing it now, perhaps the moat will be filled with water or just over a ravine. Note how deep the side forms sink below grade.
Heh, with a moat, it'll be the anti-Sleeping beauty Castle. :cool:

Reactions: anihilnation
Yeah, I was about to say that most of FJ's toning down has been with the actual physical ride experience. The only scary thing that was cut was extra dementors, I believe that was requested by Warner Bros. after some executives rode the ride before it opened and deemed it too scary and asked Universal to cut some out.
Which I still find a strange decision, because if anyone is scared of spiders, there is MUCH more to fear there than the dementors. If anything would be cut/minimized I would've picked the spiders personally.

Does that mean the two staircase-like structures on either side of the doorway are waterfalls? I recall some speculation on that before but I don't remember if there was confirmation either way.

Which I still find a strange decision, because if anyone is scared of spiders, there is MUCH more to fear there than the dementors. If anything would be cut/minimized I would've picked the spiders personally.

Does that mean the two staircase-like structures on either side of the doorway are waterfalls? I recall some speculation on that before but I don't remember if there was confirmation either way.

I have no idea, but there are no waterfalls on the stairs in the film. I believe they were intended as sacrifice stairs or perhaps something else, along the lines of Mayan temples.

Reactions: Cole
Here's the back of the building as requested a few pages ago. I apologize for the soft focus.

This is long range zoom from the 7th floor of Cabana Bay (270mm I think). Dragon Challenge is not that close.

From the ground.

Also as requested earlier, the view from Thunder Falls with a normal-ish focal length (35mm DX format).

A new structure going up to the left of the Kong entrance.

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/x9Qgnu']

The Big Guy getting some tweaks.

Teebin's wall is already starting to be covered in rockwork.

The afore-mentioned maybe-moat.

The scaffold is gone, but I think they forgot some paint.

Is this the outdoor ride path with the low wall around it?

[/URL]

Here's the back of the building as requested a few pages ago. I apologize for the soft focus.

Is this the outdoor ride path with the low wall around it?

Thanks so much for the rear pictures! I guess I was expecting a darker brown.

Regarding your question, it may well be, but I cannot tell the location of the photo except that appears the temple entrance in the background? If so, then it is.

I knew they had started pouring the track a few weeks ago but I guess that was on the interior. Expect a very smooth ride, much like Kilimanjaro Safari! ;)

Maybe it will go from a C-ticket to a D-ticket if it gets enough attention. Though given Disney's recent history, they will spend more on the gift shop.

If Frozen gets...more attention?

Anyway, hard to believe we still have to wait almost a full year to ride this considering how great the exterior looks already. But hopefully this one will give us less anxiety than the two Potter E-Tickets did upon getting close to their scheduled openings.

It's really amazing how quickly this attraction is coming together. Universal builds twice as fast as Disney. It would've taken them 3 years to build something of this scale. The same can be said of HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.