Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take mild offense to that. my daughter loves Ana and Elsa, but she also loves Haunted Mansion/Pirates/Thunder Mountain, etc. Just because a girl wants to meet, what they think, is a real life princess, doesn't mean they can't still have fun on the darker/more boy oriented rides. Cool off a bit.

I take mild offense to that. my daughter loves Ana and Elsa, but she also loves Haunted Mansion/Pirates/Thunder Mountain, etc. Just because a girl wants to meet, what they think, is a real life princess, doesn't mean they can't still have fun on the darker/more boy oriented rides. Cool off a bit.
Oh, I know. I was just making a joke about how different this will be from what Disney is doing these days.

I wonder if some of the haunted house designers were involved with creating the queue??? :popcorn:

Cool! I have always wanted a ride that kind of feels like a haunted house :)

I definitely am interested in the scene with the bats and insects, hoping that will be intense.
Also, does anyone know what the outside part will be like. I know I heard something of hostile natives, but can't see how that would be done unless they use live actors.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I doubt UOR will spend the money on live actors for a queue, but I can see them going the Disney route on intereactive queue... but of course, in an adult way. Technology can definitely be a factor on the queue idea. I can see getting a Mummy's 2.0 type of queue, although I am hoping for a 4.0

Dang 2016 is looking so good for uni. Next summer is gonna be simply amazing, for both universal and Disney

What does Disney have planned for 2016?

I thought Avatar was 2017 with nothing major opening in MK, Epcot or DHS.

Yes, and the crowds will be huge to see this low capacity attraction. Great for Epcot's attendance, bad for guest satisfaction surveys. But it will make a ton of money, along with the next door new Meet & Greet. I'm guessing an apx. 1 million Epcot attendance increase for the first twelve month period. It's going to be a good year for Orlando with Kong, Sapphire Falls, & Frozen all opening in the same time period. Both Universal & Disney will benefit from cross attendance.

Oh yeah. Completely forgot about that travesty.

Though I only partially count it as a new attraction as by all accounts its just a re-skin. Nothing changing on the actual ride, which has always been hugely disappointing.

Maybe it will go from a C-ticket to a D-ticket if it gets enough attention. Though given Disney's recent history, they will spend more on the gift shop.

Reactions: tielo
Don't forget about Rivers of Light. I'm much more excited for that than I ever will be for Frozen.

RoL will change DAK forever, finally cementing it as a park open until reasonable hours consistently (and Avatar will finally give it a needed new land/rides). The park still needs expansion, but RoL will forever change DAK for the better whereas Frozen will change Epcot for the worse.

Reactions: Cole and Stitchie
Geeez, I just came to this thread to see if anyone commented on what I posted last night. I typed it but guess I forgot to post it! (I do that all the time; absent minded and one track brain). Oh well, at least I know why no one found it interesting. (I have since forgotten what clever context I had for the post)

Status
Not open for further replies.