Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A nice touch is that, during the free fall drop, there wasn't any intense music, and the absence of it makes the seemingly out of control feeling of it all seem actually out of control.

You mean the spring guitar acceleration audio isn't present any longer? (i make up words to fit the sound as I hear it... hopefully you get what I am saying)

I actually really liked that pounding music. I was a fan of the way it is designed. Everything else about these upgrades just sound so perfectly awesome. I hope this is not the one thing that makes me not like the changes. That being said I will take moves like that in order to get the rest of what was had.

I was a fan of the way the final piece of electric guitar ended the ride too.

On that note. The Raise for JJJ is still intact right? Great gag.

I actually really liked that pounding music. I was a fan of the way it is designed. Everything else about these upgrades just sound so perfectly awesome. I hope this is not the one thing that makes me not like the changes. That being said I will take moves like that in order to get the rest of what was had.

On that note. The Raise for JJJ is still intact right? Great gag.

It's still there.

Glad you got to ride it buddy. I remember you had a trip there that was going to be around the seventh and you were concerned. I had my fingers crossed for ya.

Wow. Even with a POV video I can see way more detail than I could in person with the original film (for instance, I can actually tell what the hell is happening during the finale, lol!). Stunning.

Wow. Even with a POV video I can see way more detail than I could in person with the original film (for instance, I can actually tell what the hell is happening during the finale, lol!). Stunning.

Definitely. Wow. I also gotta say 1:10 or so really bugs me out. The moment when Scream leaps from physical Oscorp Crate onto the Statue's Dismembered Torch Arm. I am not even there watching it in 3D and it is freaky seamless.

All of the screens and sets are seamless even without the 3D glasses. Amazingly done.

What do you think after watching the POV Splatter?

I am not a fan of what they did to the music. It doesn't necessarily take away from how much I like the ride, it's just not one of my favorite parts of the ride anymore. But I do love the new extra sound effects. There were only a few spots where I sorely missed the old soundtrack. That was at the beginning with the guitar riffs in the scene where we meet Spidreman, the Hob Goblin scene, the dramatic falling of the Scoop, and the end. My god what's with the Wedding band Spiderman cover at the end? :lol:.

But luckily, the visuals are so amazing at those other times I don't even mind that much. Like Jymmy said, you can see so much more just in a POV. Can't wait to ride this in June. The city details are just incredible. I never realized how empty or detail-less the city was, but it's so much more realisitic now. And the flying scene just looks so much better.

Question though for those who have ridden: Did they take away the obnoxious green light effect used when Doc Oc shoots you with the anti-gravity cannon? You can't see it in the POV, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Am I the only one here who's going to miss the old ride animation? :lol:

I'm not sure why, but looking back at it now, there was something about the old animation that makes me think that I'm going to miss it for some reason. I'm also to miss the old "90s comic rock" soundtrack too. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure whenever I hit up the ride later I'll love it, but I think a part of me is going to miss it, oh well, but still, all the new stuff does look great.

BAh. The new score just isn't as "serious" as the old one. It's the same music, but now it sounds like an elementary school chorus. Instead of being an integral part of the ride, it's now an annoyance.

I do like the new animation, new lighting, and sound effects. But it just doesn't flow as well with the new score.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Overall, the POV looks amazing for video quality! I am amazed at the difference from just sitting here a home! However there are some things I didn't quite like but don't let it fool you into thinking I don't like the upgrade. I LOVE the upgrade:

However, I wish they didn't add music right from the beginning and started the music right as we meet Spiderman (Same set-up in the old ride) and also I think they shouldn't have added some dialoge right when we enter the layer. That creepy feeling seems gone.

That's it! Nothing else....

I like the old score better as well. I think the reason they changed it is because with the slower movements of the SCOOP the old score would not have synced up as well with the new ride.

^ The doc states that is is run by 'screw actuators'. These might be hydraulic or pneumatic but I suspect the former. While out of my league reading a patent such as that, further investigation on the terms used suggest it is possible that the actuators may create the vibration as well. They are rugged little puppies. Conclusion, the ride vehicles are basically built like a swivel backhoe with all of the hydraulics for the backhoe itself located underneath the swivel. It is heavy Industrial machinery.

No Hydraulics, don't want to leak on a busbar. Everything is the screw actuators and pneumatics. The self contained scoop ride vehicle can/does produce everything you experience (the vibration, tilting, spinning, etc) on it's own.