Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ yeah, we resolved that stuff yesterday on here if you scroll back. No one seems to know for a 100% FACT what hardware is used to create the electric vibration effect.

Currently at 60 mins, just dropped down from 75.

Never mind it just went down. I will try back later.

Well I just took a spin on the scoop, damn! Review later tonight as well as pics of work picking up on Grus house and Amity.

Alright today I was able to take a spin on the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman which as we all know is fresh out of rehab. I am not going to go into great detail since Sideshow Mike and KingEric already have done a great job doing that. Anyways once inside the queue you notice nothing has changed aside from some cleaning and a whole lot of paint. It still nice to see everything get some love. Once I was nearly at the load platform I grabbed my glasses. They are great glasses by the way and like others have said VERY similar to Star Tours new ones. The loading platform teams also were doing a great job and you could tell from those who have been there, they have a new found proudness about them. As they should.

Once inside the scoop thats when the real fans will begin to notice some amazing enhancements. The lighting throughout the attraction has been redone flawlessly. The audio is just over the top. The sound was extremely realistic and well done in every scene. I have to compare the sound upgrades that Disney did to the Haunted Mansion a close second place. Yeah its that good. All the effects were working just like opening day. The new Spider Signal is robust and clear. I also really like how the Scoop has actually been slowed down and reprogrammed to give you more time in each scene. Now granted its only a 10-15 seconds total, its just all cleverly added in at key moments. Finally there are the screens. O M G !!!!!

When I was in the scoop watching the Spider Signal and saying to myself man that looks great, seeing the lighting changes and saying fantastic, hearing the upgraded sounds and listening to depth that is crystal clear, and feeling the movement of the scoop in a refined program was nothing compared to Spiderman 4K. Now listen if you back track on these threads you will see I always was talking about how regardless of how the images look on your computer its nothing to what it will be like in 4K resolution. But even I was shocked at how amazing the new sets looked. When the scoop swung around to reveal our fearless webslinger, I as well as everyone else on board went visually dumb. I mean you cannot tell where the live set ends and the screen starts. I knew it was going to be amazing but this was MEGA AMAZING. Every scene, every character, every effect is so freaking clear and precise I couldn't get over it. My mouth dropped and never closed.

You have to get out there to ride this. Its not an update people its a whole new ride in so many ways. Before today the FJ was my favorite dark ride and while I love the FJ, you have to give this ride its dues. As I said before the King is back, and the two greatest dark rides in all the land are without question located in the same park.

MINDBLOWING PEOPLE its FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Reactions: bobwadd and Felipe
Don't know if this has been said already, but Universal has sent out an e-mail telling annual passholders that they can gain early access to Spider Man and WWOHP for an hour before opening starting from March 19 and ending sometime in April.

--Edit--

Read the E-Mail myself. It's March 19 - April 30.

So, any passholders nearby might want to take advantage.
I'll be doing so on the 24th.

Last edited:
Hatetofly:

When Doc Oc shoots you with the anti-gravity cannon, in the POV it looks like they took away the large green light behind the screen. Is it still there, or did they take away that crappy effect?

Hatetofly:

When Doc Oc shoots you with the anti-gravity cannon, in the POV it looks like they took away the large green light behind the screen. Is it still there, or did they take away that crappy effect?

That effect appears to be gone as well as the fog from Hydroman getting shocked my Electro when Spidey says. "Guess again, Super Goon!" I actually thought the light in the barrel was a neat effect, and really loved the giant fog blast explosion that represented HYdroman getting blown out with the windows from Electro.

^ I agree. Why would they have done away with either of those effects? Perhaps they have not been reset since the vehicles have be reprogrammed or they didn't work effectively with the new vehicle programming.

No idea why those two effects would have anything to do with the vehicle programing. The vehicles are completely independent from the show system.

That effect appears to be gone as well as the fog from Hydroman getting shocked my Electro when Spidey says. "Guess again, Super Goon!" I actually thought the light in the barrel was a neat effect, and really loved the giant fog blast explosion that represented HYdroman getting blown out with the windows from Electro.

I loved the idea of the light effect, I just didn't think it worked that well. But wow. I agree I loved the effect of Hydroman getting shocked. Don't know why that would be taken out.

No idea why those two effects would have anything to do with the vehicle programing. The vehicles are completely independent from the show system.

Pacing. Show pacing. If they have changed the focus and turn-in/pull-out pacing of the vehicles then the effects may have become no longer effective in conveying what UC wanted to convey/emphasize.

Hatetofly:

There no longer needed IMO but as for why they are gone I'm not sure. Once you ride it you will understand that maybe the effects just were not beneficial to the ride anymore.

That's actually one of the things I loved about this ride. The interaction between animation and practical effects was incredible.

So is there any more word on what someone posted a short while ago?

AP holders get in early to Wizarding World and Spiderman? Anyone have any more details if that is legit? EDIT: Nevermind. Went back a page and checked. Saw that it was updated to be starting on March 19nth through the end of April. I wish it started sooner than that.

That's actually one of the things I loved about this ride. The interaction between animation and practical effects was incredible.

There's still plenty of that type of thing, the pumpkin bomb triggering the big flame for example. The burst of air when Hydroman gets electrocuted just seemed random to me. It was always sort of in the way to me, if that makes sense.

There's still plenty of that type of thing, the pumpkin bomb triggering the big flame for example. The burst of air when Hydroman gets electrocuted just seemed random to me. It was always sort of in the way to me, if that makes sense.

Well that burst of air and steam is back in the attraction. Took two rides today and the steam blast worked the second time but was a few seconds after Hydroman bursted. So it is still implemented just tempermental with the new programming. (the fireball worked neither times)

I see why the back-lit anti-gravity cannon light is gone. The new scene has a 3D ray projecting at you when he fires it. So it covers the same concept.

The improvements were great on this attraction. Some of the changes are questionable. The 3D is insane and crisp, however maybe it is just me but it did not feel in my face to me today in the third row the both times I rode it.

The attraction had multiple E stops and I think they are working all the fresh programming kinks out of it. The music changes I am not a huge fan of but the new audio sound effects and audio channeling are total wins in my book.

Reactions: Cwoolboy