Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rode three times yesterday. WOW! Such an improvement to every part of the ride! The visuals were so much more in your face, and the pacing was more fitting to the proper flow of the storyline. Great improvements.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but there is new audio for the unload section that is done by Stan Lee. I don't know if it's been there since the ride re-opened or if it was just added in a few weeks ago because I never noticed this before.

I've been on a few times since the update and didn't notice it until I rode last night.

I gotta say I am not a fan of Stan Lee's spiel in the Scoop as you come to unload. It is the exact same script as J Jonah Jamison's assistant yet makes no sense because no one with Stan's voice is introduced as assisting him. So it kind of just makes it a self aware gag I guess. I liked the old one better even after the refurb. This just seemed like a quick way to get Stan Lee in there one more time.

I gotta say I am not a fan of Stan Lee's spiel in the Scoop as you come to unload. It is the exact same script as J Jonah Jamison's assistant yet makes no sense because no one with Stan's voice is introduced as assisting him. So it kind of just makes it a self aware gag I guess. I liked the old one better even after the refurb. This just seemed like a quick way to get Stan Lee in there one more time.

I think I agree. It was a nice wow moment the first time, but it does bother me when I think about it.

With all the other massive upgrades this received I was able to overlook it.

So Universal seems to have a bit of a problem, in the unload station the lap bars come up while the car is still moving.

Even though I go frequently, the first time I rode this after the refurb I stood up while it was still moving. I was in the back car and was all ready to unload in the old spot in back, but the first time I unloaded in the front spot.

It was pretty embarrassing honestly, but I was just so used to it.

I finally got to check out the new HD Upgrades and this ride has now gone back to being my favorite again. Forbidden Journey needs this asap.

They now have sliding glass over the 3D glasses case in the SCOOP loading room. I asked a team member about it and she told me that guests had been stealing the glasses. Stupid tourists. :mad:

They now have sliding glass over the 3D glasses case in the SCOOP loading room. I asked a team member about it and she told me that guests had been stealing the glasses. Stupid tourists. :mad:

Thats why things are so expensive today and why guests are limited to what they can see or do. I deal with this each and every day and the sheer amount of "shrink" in dollars would blow peoples minds in certain categories. The company takes the loss and then will have to turn around and either cut back via labor, updates, and or pay grades or pass the expense on to the consumer in the form of higher ticket prices or increased prices on merchandise or snacks. If anyone sees another stealing alert a team member or security, and that goes for everywhere. I hate THIEVES!

Reactions: Cwoolboy

When I was there you could barely get near the cabinet. TMs handed out glasses. So....?

Finally got to check this out last week and it looks great. I still feel this is the best ride in all of Universal so the upgrade just makes it that much better. The Stan Lee cameos were clever and I'm glad they kept the Iron Man easter egg.

I thought there was a security tag on these things, as stated at DM and Transformers. Does that mean they're just bluffing, or the system doesn't work?

I have no idea. All I know is that the lady I talked to said they would station one person at the glasses booth/case in the SCOOP loading area, and when he/she would walk away to do something guests would grab glasses. I assume they would grab multiple glasses, but I'm not certain.

Do the glasses have any text on the side of them such as 'Dolby 3D'? They are supposedly shipped with RFID chips in them to prevent theft but that may prove to be to cumbersome for a theme park to enforce. BTW, these glasses cost as much as $12.00 a pair to the company.