Springfield Expansion | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lard and the other bronze statue must have been created by Adirondack. Any hint of that back stage? It must be fine working for Adirondack... such a beautiful setting for its studios.

Whoever did the sculpting of the large figures (Lard Lad, Bumblebee Man, Jebediah, Kodos) should be given a medal, or at least a cuddle. They are spot on three dimensional renditions of two dimensional characters, which is a difficult feat to accomplish.

This addition looks more and more beautiful every day. I can't wait to see it on Friday!

-Andy

Just got home from the park...here's some pics from today. I posted about 40 total to my blog, but put the best one's here.

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0170.JPG

Notice the Duff Brewery costume on the guy in the back
DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

The plaque is now up on Jebidiah
DSC_0189.JPG

New Duff signage
DSC_0168.JPG

[video=youtube;8HICMCCu0Yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HICMCCu0Yw[/video]

Reactions: Felipe and jtsalien
So are we still looking at this thing opening on Friday as predicted by some?

Everything looks about ready, Lard Lad needs his donut. I'm not sure if they plan on having Wiggum and Duff Man statues outside like as seen in the concept art. But if they plan to, they could open everything else first on Friday too. Things look good for an opening any day now though IMO.

Wow this really looks amazing. Better than I could have imagined. I am impressed. Can't wait to see the finished product in person later this month!

Whoever did the sculpting of the large figures (Lard Lad, Bumblebee Man, Jebediah, Kodos) should be given a medal, or at least a cuddle. They are spot on three dimensional renditions of two dimensional characters, which is a difficult feat to accomplish.

This addition looks more and more beautiful every day. I can't wait to see it on Friday!

-Andy

I just didn't want this Forgetting Sarah Marshall quote to get passed by. Great movie. Continue on with the Springfield conversation :lol:

Wow this really looks amazing. Better than I could have imagined. I am impressed. Can't wait to see the finished product in person later this month!

I just didn't want this Forgetting Sarah Marshall quote to get passed by. Great movie. Continue on with the Springfield conversation :lol:

One of my favorite movies! Always HILARIOUS. Btw how come nobody answers the questions about the Wiggum and Duff Man statues? lol Is it like top secret or something?