Springfield | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New games!!!
Not sure what you're referring to, but all those games are already existing games :)

And great pics! Love that they continuing to refurbish the paint. It's were so close! With how fast the facade on Luigi's and Butterfat's is moving, I'm curious if they'll wait to open it all at the same time.

I still wish they would address the painfully ugly and obviously Omnimax show buildings.

Lets hope some part of Springfield is open this weekend, I am bringing someone to the park who has never been to Universal Studios since 2007

Reactions: 12th Man
Looks like those are Springfield streetlights..

I love the look of the bright, new Krustyland flooring. Let's see how long that lasts. Anyone have any idea what that red/white/brown structure is? I would've thought this would be the location of Phineas', but it doesn't look that accurate.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I'm a current food service worker at the park and I can tell you that the expected opening for springfield is March 28 (haven't heard anything about soft openings).  They are currently now selecting the employees who are going to be the opening team leads for the restaurants.  

Anyone have any idea what that red/white/brown structure is? I would've thought this would be the location of Phineas', but it doesn't look that accurate.
The white seems like it's just a primer and will be painted over by the vermilion colored paint. The black frame looks like it would match the Butterfat sign. Looks like they are just taking bits and pieces of the many façades the store has had and mashing it together.  

5nbRbnA.png

16158757504_baa43b3e9a_c.jpg

The modified design of the building also matches the photo above. 

ush0111-700x467.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The white seems like it's just a primer and will be painted over by the vermilion colored paint. The black frame looks like it would match the Butterfat sign. Looks like they are just taking bits and pieces of the many façades the store has had and mashing it together.
Good eye. I'm assuming the beige brick building next to it will be Luigi's? It slightly resembles this:

16755264106_955b9ff5cb.jpg

That's my logical explanation for that spot, at least. Haha. It even has that same strip going across the top of the building. 

I was that was told that you will actually be served the food after receiving a number to be placed on your table.any info on this. And I'm starting to believe what my source told me about indoor theming .
On busy days it will be somewhat like that.  What I heard is all seating will be reserved and after you order and get your food, an employee will guide you to an open table.  That is probably only on 28k plus days.

From what I know, team members guide you to an open table in Florida as well. I assume this is only on crowded days, though, as I wasn't guided to a table when the food court wasn't crowded.

I am quite interested about the themed rooms to each of the resturants, I really hope it is not cramed. Even so, I look forward to the first pictures. If it as good as the exterior, then it will be fantastic.

Also, thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: Aaron and William
I'm still not quite sure how I feel about such a tremendous façade only enveloping three venues (excluding Lard Lad). I get that its size is multifunctional in order to conceal Hogsmeade, but with such a large amount of space, I would've thought they'd possibly stick with the foodcourt feel and include a couple more dining options. I dunno.

I guess my only gripe is that the foodcourt opening by itself at first won't add as many alternatives for in-park dining. Not that big a deal, though.

Reactions: Aaron
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think it'll be extremely busy and always packed, especially being new. Hopefully it'll become more efficient as time goes on, but I guess we'll get a better sense of the crowding once it opens. I just hope it'll be "enough". Although let's be honest, it'll always be crowded at USH going forward now, so we just gotta smile and accept it and enjoy all the new stuff....even if it'll take 45 minutes to grab a chicken and waffle sandwich ;) haha