Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^I'm pretty sure the building for SLoP is not going to go all the way to the extended queue of Transformers. I have no doubt that queue is leaving but 1) The whole ride is going to be on the second flood with the queubeinv on the first. That will be plenty of space for the ride. Besides, how will guests vs able to visit attractions that will be where CSI is? If anything they could become a small shop or something. 

I like what I hear about the ride spinning being more intense than Cat in the Hat. That'll make it more fun than Transformers IMO. That has serious potential of being the second best ride in the park behind FJ! 

Reactions: Alexshow.

Did a little digging on the website link on the hood of that truck. From their website: 

Crux offers expertise to projects with poor subsurface conditions, critical environmental restrictions,  and difficult access due to remote sites or rugged terrain.  We provide design-build and EPC services to some of the most logistically challenging projects in North America.

I see they're reusing the Stage 21 themed construction walls again. Glad to see movement is happening in this area and see Pets take form!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
For anyone who wants to wait until Universal actually comes out and issues a press release that 100% confirms the attraction in a public fashion should be aware that this company very rarely operates like this nowadays. 

A great quote I've always heard was that "Disney is announcing things way before building them and Universal is building things way before announcing them."

That's kind of the way things are. Kong looked like Skull Island in construction so far along before the PR that the president of Comcast, forgetting that they still hadn't announced it, accidentally name dropped the ride in an earnings call! And yes: at the time Universal Orlando even refused to acknowledge they were even building a King Kong ride! The project was referred to officially as "expansion" in front of guests... that's it. Sometimes just "what? What's over there? I don't see anything over there".

My point here is that IU holds their reputation very dear, and I would 100% trust them on this one. Waiting for Universal themselves is going to be a long wait, so I would sit back and enjoy the PR tap dance til they finally confirm, "Yeah ok we're doing something here."

Unless it gets leaked to the LA Times again...

Last edited by a moderator: