Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will say that Alexandre Desplat's score for SLoP (the film obviously) is gorgeous jazzy, Gershwin-esque music that will be completely at odds with Steve Jablonsky's electronic, dour Transformers score next door. To be honest, I hope Desplat's score wins out in the end, especially if the TF facade redo is paticularly city-like. It'll be the most fun, matching background music in the park if they choose to go that route. After the gamult of power scores in most areas, and discordant strangeness especially in Simpsons plaza (where Zimmer's Copeland-ish Simpsons Movie score dukes it out with Alf Clausen's jazzier song parodies) and not to mention the pop-flavoring of Minion Way it would be refreshing.

Unfortunately I also hear that the film featues a lot of pop music itself so Universal sadly has that option, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jonathan
I will say that Alexandre Desplat's score for SLoP (the film obviously) is gorgeous jazzy, Gershwin-esque music that will be completely at odds with Steve Jablonsky's electronic, dour Transformers score next door. To be honest, I hope Desplat's score wins out in the end, especially if the TF facade redo is paticularly city-like. It'll be the most fun, matching background music in the park if they choose to go that route. After the gamult of power scores in most areas, and discordant strangeness especially in Simpsons plaza (where Zimmer's Copeland-ish Simpsons Movie score dukes it out with Alf Clausen's jazzier song parodies) and not to mention the pop-flavoring of Minion Way it would be refreshing.

Unfortunately I also hear that the film featues a lot of pop music itself so Universal sadly has that option, too.

I listened to the soundtrack today and really loved it.

Listening to it right now, and shadowing @Ryan and @Jonathan in their comment's is that the soundtrack is absolutely great as it adds more fuel to hope that the film is as good as it's seeming to be from various media outlets.

It should be at least interesting if my excitement for the ride stays after seeing it, but nethertheless; great soundtrack.

Although, there is one track..I won't say which one but it's something that even though I am not a fan of, I think it'll be the final track heard as the trackless vehicles reach the Unload..

Reactions: Ryan
From IU, they have a new picture of the current progress on the site for SLOP..and as we can see, [HASHTAG]#DirtIsUniversal[/HASHTAG].

Also in a way, the walls have been extended as the tram cars drive to what was Stages 29 and 31.

The movie was very bad

i feel embarrassed for universal

but as long as the kids love it i guess thats all that matters, good luck on the attraction lol

Reactions: BruceTheShark
The movie is projected to rake in $80 million this weekend. I doubt Universal is embarrassed. The movie looks like a steaming pile of feces to me but in the scheme of things, my opinion doesn't really matter. *shrugs*

If you want an amazing, incredible attraction unlike anything you've seen Universal do before, I would go buy a ticket to see this and purchase some merchandise. Seriously. Go support it.

Edit: a document from Universal Creative has leaked. Please do not post it. Thank you.

I just saw the movie. It's okay. Disposable, light, airy, nothing much to write home about. The audience seemed to feel the same. Very generic characters, very generic plot... tries some Pixarian ideas but the storywriting is not even close to the samel level so it falls very short.

It'll make for a very cute family attraction, and I noticed that there are many, many, MANY sequences where characters drive vehicles. At some points I just thought, "well if this were a ride this could be fun." So I think in attraction material, Universal is barking up the right tree. As a franchise? I'm not sure yet. The opening weekend will be great but I don't know if audiences will feel that it measures up to the insane marketing. 

So we will see...

If you want an amazing, incredible attraction unlike anything you've seen Universal do before, I would go buy a ticket to see this and purchase some merchandise. Seriously. Go support it.

Edit: a document from Universal Creative has leaked. Please do not post it. Thank you.

Is there a place perhaps where one could find and see this docuent?

Can i see it?

Can i see it?

Is there a place perhaps where one could find and see this docuent?

I believe that @Ryan and @Jon  have said this best; to where it shouldn't be shown what-so-ever.

Leaking those Documents shouldn't of happened, as it ruins certain aspects that Universal Creative has been working on very much to give to the theme park audiences. Personally speaking, whoever in UC or in the community leaked it; it only brings shame brought down to that person, especially considering our modern age of the internet.

I am very interested to see now though, with the box office seeming like it will exceed what was anticipated if Orlando will be jumping onto bringing this attraction to UOR, as it could make sense. It sounds like that it may actually be the greatest thing for them, so they can buy atleast a year or two's worth of time so people don't complain about the overuse of Projected-Based attractions on resort.

I believe that @Ryan and @Jon  have said this best; to where it shouldn't be shown what-so-ever.

Leaking those Documents shouldn't of happened, as it ruins certain aspects that Universal Creative has been working on very much to give to the theme park audiences. Personally speaking, whoever in UC or in the community leaked it; it only brings shame brought down to that person, especially considering our modern age of the internet.

I am very interested to see now though, with the box office seeming like it will exceed what was anticipated if Orlando will be jumping onto bringing this attraction to UOR, as it could make sense. It sounds like that it may actually be the greatest thing for them, so they can buy atleast a year or two's worth of time so people don't complain about the overuse of Projected-Based attractions on resort.

Fair enough i just curious to see more future attractions in the park and i do have some ideas as to what can be put in.