Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well Universal has yet to make an official statement.

While that is true, IU has a reputable past with rumors like this. For instance, when they got word of Supercharged before the announcement came around. But, I will need to stress that this was originally from OI; then backed by the guys from OU, Parkscope and then IU (Which, OU and Parkscope has some very great people with knowledge on stuff that may not be announced); theres' a lot that you can see of this project, and that it seems as if of a definite at this point.

Plus, Comcast is as said of a corporation for the theme parks; that keeps quiet until the time comes right to announce the attraction (unless if its accidentally leaked by a Quarter call, or just too visible to connect the dots). If I had to wager, they'll probably announce it on the opening weekend of the film for a Late-Summer 2017 opening (which would be smart, and would also act as a 'Pointing the bird' to Disney and how they treated Frozen at launch).

Its my own personal thought, but it makes sense to have the announcement no later than the Films launch; as it would add an incentive to go see the film for multiple groups, and as a catalyst for getting the fans of the parks excited; that they won't have to wait two years for an attraction that seems to be a great addition to the current roster of USH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Universal has yet to make an official statement.

Which is why I responded in kind in the above post:

For anyone who wants to wait until Universal actually comes out and issues a press release that 100% confirms the attraction in a public fashion should be aware that this company very rarely operates like this nowadays. 

A great quote I've always heard was that "Disney is announcing things way before building them and Universal is building things way before announcing them."

That's kind of the way things are. Kong looked like Skull Island in construction so far along before the PR that the president of Comcast, forgetting that they still hadn't announced it, accidentally name dropped the ride in an earnings call! And yes: at the time Universal Orlando even refused to acknowledge they were even building a King Kong ride! The project was referred to officially as "expansion" in front of guests... that's it. Sometimes just "what? What's over there? I don't see anything over there".

My point here is that IU holds their reputation very dear, and I would 100% trust them on this one. Waiting for Universal themselves is going to be a long wait, so I would sit back and enjoy the PR tap dance til they finally confirm, "Yeah ok we're doing something here."

Unless it gets leaked to the LA Times again...

While that is true, IU has a reputable past with rumors like this. For instance, when they got word of Supercharged before the announcement came around. But, I will need to stress that this was originally from OI;

This is not true. They said nothing of the sort about Hollywood.

Reactions: BernardMesa
This is not true. They said nothing of the sort about Hollywood.

Correct me if i'm wrong; but I believe you guys did find a trademark of Supercharged, about a month before USH announced its version. Or, i'm just thinking of something else. And I was stressing OI from when they spoke of SLOP (It was a month before you guys picked it up).

One thing I was thinking about recently... is there any word what happened to the old Phantom of the Opera sets that were in there?  I understand back when it was being torn down, they were going to preserve it, and possibly put it up on display... somewhere.  But I've never heard any sort of follow up since.  Anyone know more? 

One thing I was thinking about recently... is there any word what happened to the old Phantom of the Opera sets that were in there?  I understand back when it was being torn down, they were going to preserve it, and possibly put it up on display... somewhere.  But I've never heard any sort of follow up since.  Anyone know more? 

They are in storage and there are plans to have them showcased at some point, but I'm not at liberty to say where.

Can you at least say if it'll be in the park or at an off-site location?  And any time estimate of when?  Unless they only showed a small portion of it, I can't imagine they'd have the space to display it in the park.

I never got to see it in person, so I'd really look forward to the day to be able to see it.

Can you at least say if it'll be in the park or at an off-site location?  And any time estimate of when?  Unless they only showed a small portion of it, I can't imagine they'd have the space to display it in the park.

I never got to see it in person, so I'd really look forward to the day to be able to see it.

All I can say is that they are being taken care and not forgotten. 

If they were being taken care of & not forgotten, they would still be in place where they belong on the plot of land they were built upon 90 years ago. But that's just me being grumpy.  Comcast really doesn't seem to care too much about Universal's monster legacy. -shrugs-

Would be great if they could find the chandelier that used to be hanging inside the former SS. I know a lot of the set was removed over the years, so the only thing remaining was the box seats that lined the walls. Such a shame. At least the remnants of the set got some sprucing up for "The Muppets" movie.

If they were being taken care of & not forgotten, they would still be in place where they belong on the plot of land they were built upon 90 years ago. But that's just me being grumpy.  Comcast really doesn't seem to care too much about Universal's monster legacy. -shrugs-

Would be great if they could find the chandelier that used to be hanging inside the former SS. I know a lot of the set was removed over the years, so the only thing remaining was the box seats that lined the walls. Such a shame. At least the remnants of the set got some sprucing up for "The Muppets" movie.

I do have hope that the remainder of the set is being taken care of. From I remember hearing, Universal was in talks with quite a few organizations about preservation and ultimately displaying it to the public again at some point. 

It is still a giant bummer knowing that chunk of history not only from the film and genre, but for Universal Studios as a whole is gone. 

From that review, the movie sounds like I expected it to be. Aside from a few cute laughs here/there... it sounds kinda meh. I almost wish we were getting a ride based on the old "Cats & Dogs" movie instead...

"they visit Sausage Kingdom factory".... didn't we just get rid of Sausage Kingdom in Citywalk!? :lol:

Hope Universal kept that sign to recycle for the new attraction! :p

Illumination is good with marketing and making dem bucks... not so much earning favors with critics: 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/minions/?search=Minions

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/despicable_me_2/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lorax/?search=lorax

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hop_2011/?search=hop

(the 1st Despicable Me is the only one over 80%, and not by much https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1214097-despicable_me/?search=despicable%20me)

I'm sure they'll be able to overcome poor reception as always.

From that review, the movie sounds like I expected it to be. Aside from a few cute laughs here/there... it sounds kinda meh. I almost wish we were getting a ride based on the old "Cats & Dogs" movie instead...

I've heard the same thing first hand from a few people who've seen it. "disappointing" was the common comment.

From Micechat's InTheParks article; it seems that they may have broken ground on the SS28 plot.

IMG_0831.jpg

Check their full article on more photos from the tram view of the 28 plot.

http://micechat.com/128743-jam-packed-update-universal-studios-Hollywood/