Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Stage 28/Phantom Stage Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
1995 was when the tour was officially moved to begin JP construction.  The tour could not use the hill wrapped around Jurassic Park and all of the front lot was skipped from the tour for that year.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Allen that's amazing. That is why I adore WeHo.

That JP-less photo is...wow. My first visit was in 95, so I never saw it that way other than photos, because construction was well under way my first trip.
The second I saw that, I thought "must show IU" lol!

I personally hope Stage 28's land (and any other additional soundstages) will be used for a future attraction(s) and not something as mundane and movable as a new studio tour loading area.

The second I saw that, I thought "must show IU" lol!

I personally hope Stage 28's land (and any other additional soundstages) will be used for a future attraction(s) and not something as mundane and movable as a new studio tour loading area.
That would indeed be a waste of space if all we got was a new loading area. I do think that we need another attraction...But after Potter/Fast and Furious/Springfield,  I can see how they would want to get them up and going before starting construction...I would be very surprised if they did not have future projected plans for that space though.

Consider this...moving the tour is for a new attraction.  However, just not for a few more years after Potter.

This makes more sense to me now only because I always felt it would be very odd to have another "new" attraction to compete with WWoHP hype.  If you move the tour, no advertising needed!

Harry Potter has changed Universal parks forever!

With the possibility that a hotel may be located near the back end of Citywalk (remember all of the EP is subject to change), I could see a themed Harry Potter hotel with options for access to Diagon Alley and WWoHP.  This would be great if Diagon Alley would be built on the Studio Tour and Tram Garage area.

This is only wishful thinking here, butit would be cool if they used that space to bring back the ET ride. At the rate they're Building, they could very easily have it done by 2017...which happens to be the 35th anniversary if that film. The lower lot could use a family dark ride.

Not to crush any dreams, but I really don't see a Potter hotel being built or E.T. coming back.

The idea of a hotel themed to Potter just seems really cheesy to me and would have to be executed perfectly to not upset fans. As for E.T... They're going full-speed-ahead, no looking back.

Yeah, I boutique hotel themed to Potter is too far fetched and cheesy in my opinion. I can see them make a family hotel with themed suites or towers, like have a Minion Tower, Potter Tower, etc, but not a full Potter hotel. If there was a place where they could've done that, it would've been super expensive and exclusive suites as a part of The Leaky Cauldron for Diagon Alley.

To get back a bit on topic:

I hope that eventually Universal adds another attraction devoted to Universal Monsters.

I am heavily leaning towards the tour returning to the lower lot.  I don't think this loading area would be very grand, plus skipping the posters while coming down the hill and the safety spiel will kill most of the viewing of the front lot.  It would become the Backlot Tram Tour again.

I just realized that if the replacement for this really is the new tram loading they could get this built and running in time for next year...when the "new tour" is supposed to open.

I absolutely agree than moving the tram loading area to the lower lot is smart, but it has to be in a smarter area. Putting something as movable and flexible as a tram loading area as a replacement for Stage 28, which is a good chunk of land for an actual new attraction, is ridiculously wasteful.

Yes your right allen universal monsters do deserve a place in the park since ush pulled down house of horrors early sep 2014 but I would like to see another house of horros type walktrough based on new scary movies and if any body remembers they moved bettlejuice from what is now super silly funland to the castle theater Could it be that universal is planning to move the house of horrors maybe in a diffrent form of a attraction

Stage 28 is most likely going to be part of something bigger. I think they will use the area and more land, to expand in order to make room for a new future attraction. 

What Universal really needs is a shooting dark ride of sorts similar to mib in florida the company that created the et scenery and efects also does shooting attractions I've ridden one of their shooting darkrides it's called ghost blasters personally I think that's what universal needs

Reactions: Chris