Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to say.... I was arguing with my friend one day about what attraction is going to be better, Harry Potter Coaster, Or the Star Wars Galaxy Edge ride. My friend thinks Star Wars and I think Harry Potter. After reading this thread though, I'm not so sure. I know Universal and Disney are battling right now with these two attractions. Any thoughts on what you guys think will be the better attraction?

I have to say.... I was arguing with my friend one day about what attraction is going to be better, Harry Potter Coaster, Or the Star Wars Galaxy Edge ride. My friend thinks Star Wars and I think Harry Potter. After reading this thread though, I'm not so sure. I know Universal and Disney are battling right now with these two attractions. Any thoughts on what you guys think will be the better attraction?

Star Wars cause I'm bias. Hey I admit it.

I mean SWGE is more than just one ride, it doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

I would say too different to compare. A coaster versus a simulator or a trackless.
This. My take is that the Star Wars attractions will edge out the coaster for totality of the experience (no visible tracks, located in a brand new land) and the ‘how do they do that?’ factor, but the coaster will offer more in the way of physical thrills and be more appealing to non-Potter fans than the SW attractions to non-SW fans will be.

SW will have great Disney dark rides with amazing detail
HP Coaster will be an add on to an amazing land with great rides and amazing detail

Both are wins for both parks IMO

Like Joe, I would argue that it's not a fair contest of comparing to be frank.

Both have very great traits to it. The Falcon and Battle Escape attractions are seeming like attractions that will be groundbreaking in technology, and the Hogsmeade coaster seems like something that so many of us have wanted to see from a long time; practicality (shocker, I know).

Along with that, the Hogsmeade coaster looks really fun; especially with how it's layed out too.

To be honest, I'm excited for both. And that, I can't wait to see how GE and the Hogsmeade project bring in attendance for the two resorts.

Both have very great traits to it. The Falcon and Battle Escape attractions are seeming like attractions that will be groundbreaking in technology, and the Hogsmeade coaster seems like something that so many of us have wanted to see from a long time; practicality (shocker, I know).

Along with that, the Hogsmeade coaster looks really fun; especially with how it's layed out too.

To be honest, I'm excited for both. And that, I can't wait to see how GE and the Hogsmeade project bring in attendance for the two resorts.
2019 will make up for 2018's blunders for both parks....I accept their apology

Last edited:
This. My take is that the Star Wars attractions will edge out the coaster for totality of the experience (no visible tracks, located in a brand new land) and the ‘how do they do that?’ factor, but the coaster will offer more in the way of physical thrills and be more appealing to non-Potter fans than the SW attractions to non-SW fans will be.

I think this is a big point.

This new coaster will thrill everyone. Well, not the DizNoids who say they just can't get in to the Potter rides since they haven't seen the movies, as they wait 2 hours for Splash Mountain.

I'm not so sure the Star Wars rides will be widely loved outside the SW freaks, like me. Although FoP is, and it's just Soarin' 3.0 with an air bladder.

Reactions: Joel

i think you can compare attractions and me personally think the HP coaster will be the best and most rerideable of the three rides

i think you can compare attractions and me personally think the HP coaster will be the best and most rerideable of the three rides

Rerideable for sure. Since it'll have reasonable lines, though likely no Express. The Star Wars rides will be one per vacation, unless you like 3 hour lines. Maybe worse since I still bet anything there will be FPs for sale in some manner for GE.

Rerideable for sure. Since it'll have reasonable lines, though likely no Express. The Star Wars rides will be one per vacation, unless you like 3 hour lines. Maybe worse since I still bet anything there will be FPs for sale in some manner for GE.

I've made my peace with knowing I won't get to the edge. I'm sure the first couple of years it will be a cluster and not worth it for me. After that I plan on being south of the border . I've done enough hitting softs and openings for my taste. But HPcoaster is another matter.